Senior Quality Engineer
JobDescription : Job Location:
Richmond or Charlottesville, VA
Denver or Centennial, CO
Halifax, NS The Role and Responsibilities:
This position is for a mid- to senior-level Test Engineer to become part of a cross-functional Scrum team working on a critical integration project. To be successful in this role, you will:
What we're looking for:
- Collaborate effectively as a vital part of your Scrum team.
- Create and maintain well-crafted, targeted, and appropriate test automation for your team's areas of focus. This will include test scenarios, supporting data, and coding elements of a complete test harness.
- Coordinate testing activities during each Sprint, within the team as a matter of course and cross-team when necessary, with an eye toward longer-term goals for project deployments.
- Be an active part of all design and grooming activities - have the courage to ask the critical questions at all stages of work, and the experience to know what those questions are.
- Act as the 'voice of QA' on your Scrum team.
- Be an enthusiastic advocate for good Scrum Agile practices on your team, and across the organization.
- Participate actively as a critical part of the larger QA community, to drive improvement to the QA practice across the organization.
S&P Global Market Intelligence
- Proven track record of designing and developing test automation
- Ability to communicate well with both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Experience working within Agile software development environments, particularly Scrum Agile.
- High level of comfort writing and using SQL for database exploration.
- Solid understanding of managed C style languages (Java, C#, etc.).
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery.
- Solid experience with automation drivers (Selenium, Appium, etc.)
- Ability to build consensus, on and off the Scrum team.
- Ability to work comfortably as part of a distributed team.
- Curiosity and creativity - this is much more than a checklist-driven position, but someone who will contribute substantially in the quality of their team's work with thoughtful exploration, careful testing, and solid coding.
- In addition to Bachelor's degree in an appropriate discipline, we are looking for at least 6 years in a QA role or equivalent experience as a test-dedicated developer.
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important-some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction. S&P Global Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/marketintelligence.
To all recruitment agencies: S&P Global does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward such resumes to any S&P Global employee, office location or website. S&P Global will not be responsible for any fees related to such resumes.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person. The EEO is the Law.
Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.