Senior Financial Analyst
S&P Ratings Finance The Team:
The S&P Ratings Finance FP&A team is primarily based in New York, London & India. It is a dynamic team that works well together to support the overall growth of the Ratings business. This role will be primarily supporting our busines partners within Ratings to provide insightful information and support to our partners to optimize financial performance and support decision making. The team also regularly interacts with other divisions and corporate to support enterprise initiatives. This position reports to the Director of Finance supporting the global Ratings Technology function and the global Operating Office. The Impact:
This role is a key member of the S&P Ratings Finance FP&A team. We are looking for a candidate who will assist in supporting the financial reporting and analysis for the functional groups within S&P Global Ratings, with insights gained from analyzing financial and non-financial data. The ideal candidate is adept at combining analytic tools and techniques with business partnering expertise to identify and manage key performance drivers. They must be able to translate data and information into actionable insights to find opportunities for process optimization and use financial models to test the effectiveness of different scenarios. The ability to support decision-making and forecasting driven by the analysis of large data sets is critical. They must have experience building and implementing financial forecasting models by using a variety of data analysis tools. They must have a proven ability to drive business results with data-driven insights. The role will have the opportunity to share and present findings to senior operations leaders. What's in it for you:
The global and dynamic nature of the busines and team allows plenty of development opportunities to learn and grow within the role and the wider Finance team. With strong leadership, attention to detail and good communication and influencing skills, you will support the execution of the management team's key priorities and strategies. This role will require you to leverage big data aggregation and analysis tools (Alteryx) to build automated analytical workflows which will be used to support strategic initiatives and provide accurate and timely financial recommendations to management for decision making purposes via the use of business intelligence platforms (Tableau). Being part of a dynamic forward looking team, you will have the opportunity to work alongside colleagues across divisions and functions on enterprise and divisional projects. What We're Looking For:
- The incumbent should have good time management skills and the ability to prioritize responsibilities since many projects are time-critical with short lead-time for completion; independent problem-solving and decision-making skills are necessary.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel; Proficiency/knowledge in Alteryx, Tableau, PowerPoint, QlikView, and Anaplan, or other database tools a plus.
- Problem solving: Selects appropriate alternative sources of information and utilizes them to evaluate situations and possible outcomes. Organizes information and identifies criteria for analyzing ideas to reach a logical solution.
- Interpersonal Skills: Requires a highly developed communications skills and ability to negotiate internally and often at higher levels. External communications may be a need but not a primary focus
Compensation/Benefits Information (US Applicants Only):
- Must have a bachelor's degree in Accounting/Finance. MBA &/or CPA with strong knowledge of U.S. GAAP is preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years' work experience in Financial Analysis, Operations, and/or Accounting in a large, complex organization.
- Strong attention to detail and analytical ability with an inquisitive mind.
- Ability to work independently and as a fully contributing member of a team.
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Strong skills in MS Excel (Pivot tables, V-Lookups, IF functions, etc.) and PowerPoint.
- Experience bridging the different viewpoints of project stakeholders and senior level executives regarding project business impacts
- Experienced in dashboard design (E.g., Tableau) and focused, thoughtful visual display of quantitative information
S&P Global states that the anticipated base salary range for this position is $55,900 to $155,900. Base salary ranges may vary by geographic location.
In addition to base compensation, this role is eligible for an annual incentive plan. This role is not eligible for additional compensation such as an annual incentive bonus or sales commission plan.
This role is eligible to receive additional S&P Global benefits. For more information on the benefits we provide to our employees, visit https://www.spgbenefitessentials.com/newhires . This role is limited to persons with indefinite right to work in the United States. About Company Statement: S&P Global Ratings
S&P Global Ratings is the world's leading provider of independent credit ratings. Our ratings are essential to driving growth, providing transparency, and helping educate market participants so they can make decisions with confidence. We have more than 1 million credit ratings outstanding on government, corporate, financial sector and structured finance entities and securities. We offer an independent view of the market built on a unique combination of broad perspective and local insight. We provide our opinions and research about relative credit risk; market participants gain independent information to help support the growth of transparent, liquid debt markets worldwide.
S&P Global Ratings is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies, and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/ratings
S&P Global has a Securities Disclosure and Trading Policy ("the Policy") that seeks to mitigate conflicts of interest by monitoring and placing restrictions on personal securities holding and trading. The Policy is designed to promote compliance with global regulations. In some Divisions, pursuant to the Policy's requirements, candidates at S&P Global may be asked to disclose securities holdings. Some roles may include a trading prohibition and remediation of positions when there is an effective or potential conflict of interest. Employment at S&P Global is contingent upon compliance with the Policy.
20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), FINANC202.1 - Middle Professional Tier I (EEO Job Group) Job ID:
265642 Posted On:
New York, New York, United States