Senior Director, Analytical Manager, Non-Traditional ABS, US Structured Finance
S&P Global Ratings is seeking a senior analytical leader and an exceptional professional with strong talent development, analytical, and communication skills to join the US Structured Finance Team. As an Analytical Manager, you will partner with an existing Analytical Manager to co-lead a team of approximately 30 analysts (and growing) in the Non-Traditional ABS team, with a predominant presence in the US and Canada. The Impact:
This position will give the successful candidate the opportunity to co-lead the Structured Finance Non-Traditional ABS team and enable a strong talent development culture that values diversity and empowerment, analytical excellence, service excellence, and operational effectiveness. The Career Opportunity:
As a member of the Structured Finance leadership team, you will get to contribute to transformational initiatives that will strengthen our presence, not just in the Non-Traditional ABS sector, but across Global Structured Finance. You can deepen your talent development and operational skills and work in a collaborative environment with other teams across a broad range of markets and asset types. This role provides a great opportunity to expand your leadership, talent development and execution skills. The Team / The Business:
You will report to the Lead Analytical Manager and Head of U.S. Structured Finance and will work collaborative with a team of Analytical Managers & Sector Leads who comprise the leadership team for US Structured Finance. You will also have an opportunity to collaborate with other leaders throughout the Ratings practices. Your Skills:
Bachelor degree is required, postgraduate qualifications would be an advantage. You will have a deep analytical understating of Structured Finance and a very strong working knowledge of S&P ratings analytical methodologies. You will have demonstrated a history of very strong communication skills (both written and oral), which will be necessary to build-on and manage relationships with key clients and influencers and develop new relationships as part of market outreach activities. You will have strong communication and presentation skills in multiple settings with diverse audiences, including internal and external stakeholders and regulators. As a strong team player you will have the ability to think locally and work globally in a collaborative and multicultural work environment. You will have a history of empowering and enabling others to develop their ability to lead, creating a legacy of future leaders in the sector. You must be an innovator who will push us to move beyond the status quo. What's in it for you
Structured Finance is an important sector of the capital markets and is a key funding source and growth driver for many areas of the global economy. If you are interested in helping to facilitate this growth while challenging yourself in a fast-paced environment, this is the right position for you. It offers the opportunity to work in a collegial culture with great potential for professional development and career growth. Responsibilities:
What We're Looking For: Qualifications:
- Participates in determining and executing Non-Traditional ABS strategy and priorities, champions and supports organizational decisions and business strategies in a credible way. Work collaboratively with other business functions and rating practices to ensure the alignment and execution of S&P Global Ratings strategies
- Partners effectively with the Non-Traditional ABS leadership team, specifically the co-Analytical Manager and Sector Lead.
- Manages the work of and establishes expectations of a high performing team (staff, resources, quality, etc.) and ensures the quality of their work. Coaches and provides feedback to aide in further development of individuals within the team.
- Handles many aspects of client interaction to ensure a high level of professional service standards, including directing and coordinating execution of transactions
- Manages the credit rating process for the team and together with other analytical managers, manage any cross industry and region considerations. May chair rating committees and analytical forums
- Ensures that analytical guidelines, quality standards, procedures and policies established are adhered to within the team, relevant criteria within area of responsibility is consistently applied and the ratings outcomes are consistent with global ratings criteria. Initiate any criteria and guideline reviews and developments to ensure rating methodologies remain relevant to capture evolving market and product characteristics
- Maintains the integrity of internal systems that support the rating process and champions continuous improvement efforts including the introduction of new tools, models, and processes to deliver quality outcomes
- Foster a culture of Innovation and digital and technological awareness
- Ensure a positive compliance culture within the team, including by leading by example.
- Enable a culture that champions diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Leader with extensive demonstrated successes in analytical excellence and is able to assert analytical independence and objectivity.
- Bachelor degree holder in Business, Finance, Economics, or a related subject required, advanced degree or postgraduate qualification would be an advantage.
- 10+ years of Structured Finance or Financial Services experience is highly preferred.
- Relevant industry experience and a deep understating of Structured Finance and, more specifically, the ABS (traditional or non-traditional) sectors. Given the variability in the assets covered by our Non-Traditional ABS team, analytical experience in multiple asset types is preferred.
- Strong client and market knowledge and ability to contribute to the continued development of the S&P Global Ratings franchise.
- Able to attract, motivate and lead a team of analysts in a collaborative working style.
- Leadership skills and change management aptitude - the capacity to challenge views, processes, and behaviors, especially in complex areas. The ability to manage change, and resistance to change in a complex fast-moving environment.
- Possess strong operational management, influencing and communication skills with focus on strategy implementation and improvements to working practices and methods.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to stay organized, meet deadlines, and multitask.
- Strong team player - the ability to think locally and work globally in a collaborative and multicultural work environment is critical.
- Must have ability to think independently and critically and have an eye for innovation opportunities.
- S&P Global states that the anticipated base salary range for this position is $163,000 to $307,800. Base salary ranges may vary by geographic location.
- This role is eligible to receive S&P Global benefits. For more information on the benefits we provide to our employees, visit http://www.spgbenefitessentials.com/newhires .
10 - Officials or Managers (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), RATNGS102 - Senior Management (EEO Job Group), SWP Priority - Ratings - (Strategic Workforce Planning) Job ID:
264046 Posted On:
New York, New York, United States