Research Assistant, Financial Services Ratings
JobDescription : The Location:
Centennial, CO The Team:
This Research Assistant position resides within the Nonbank Financial Institutions (NBFI) group of S&P Global's Financial Services Ratings division. The NBFI team is focused on assigning and surveilling ratings on a range of issuers, from brokers and exchanges to finance companies and hedge and private equity funds. The Impact:
The successful candidate will be the support analyst responsible for a portfolio of credits across growing, changing non-bank sectors. What's in it for you:
The NBFI Group will provide you with plenty of room for growth toward assuming the role of a primary analyst and brand ambassador facing internal committees and external stakeholders. It will give you room to be creative and innovative in identifying and developing process enhancement tools. Additionally it will provide you with the opportunity to demonstrate leadership and autonomy in Centennial's rapidly growing analytical practice. Lastly, this will be an excellent learning platform to gain exposure to senior management to hear firsthand of the challenges and opportunities our issuers face, work in a team of experienced analysts to assign and surveil ratings and the opportunity to collaborate on research on sectors of interest. Responsibilities:
What We're Looking For: Basic Qualifications:
- Support the ongoing (weekly/monthly) surveillance of NBFI ratings.
- Provide research and statistical support for special projects and sector commentaries
- Works in conjunction and at the direction of senior analysts in preparing necessary information for rating committee presentations and management meetings.
- Actively participate in management meetings with issuers or rating committees
- Undergraduate degree, preferable majors in Business Management, Finance, Economics, Accounting or other business related majors
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- The ability to work well in teams
- Customer service orientation
- The ability to organize, meet deadlines and to multitask
- Good problem solving skills
- Basic Microsoft Office proficiency including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Solid communication skills, verbal and written, as well as the capacity to expand, learn, and make a contribution
About S&P Global Ratings
- Familiarity/experience with Bloomberg
- Advanced Excel Skills (Macros, etc.)
S&P Global Ratings is the world's leading provider of independent credit ratings. Our ratings are essential to driving growth, providing transparency and helping educate market participants so they can make decisions with confidence. We have more than 1 million credit ratings outstanding on government, corporate, financial sector and structured finance entities and securities. We offer an independent view of the market built on a unique combination of broad perspective and local insight. We provide our opinions and research about relative credit risk; market participants gain independent information to help support the growth of transparent, liquid debt markets worldwide.
S&P Global Ratings is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/ratings
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com
and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.