Research Assistant The Location: Centennial, CO The Team:
This Research Assistant position resides within the Fund Ratings Group of S&P Global' s Financial Services Ratings division. The Fund Ratings Group provides ratings and evaluations for over 600 funds globally from over 175 fund sponsors. The Impact:
The Research Assistant will analyze holdings of fixed income mutual funds, separate accounts, offshore funds and investment pools. They will also conduct research on existing fund ratings criteria and assist in the publication of mutual fund industry commentary.
What's in it for you: The Fund Ratings Group will provide you with plenty of room for growth toward assuming the role of a primary analyst and brand ambassador facing internal committees and external stakeholders This position is part of a global team of analysts spanning across the US and Europe. It will give you room to be creative and innovative in identifying and developing process enhancement tools. Additionally it will provide you with the opportunity to demonstrate leadership and autonomy in Centennial's rapidly growing analytical practice. Lastly, this will be an excellent learning platform to gain exposure to an array of fixed income products, including structured securities, municipal bonds, corporate bonds, etc. Responsibilities:
• Conducts ongoing (weekly/monthly) surveillance of fund ratings.
• Assist in database testing for fund surveillance
• Provide research and statistical support for special projects
• Works in conjunction and at the direction of senior analysts in preparing necessary information for rating committee presentations and management meetings.
• Assembles pertinent financial, technical and other data essential to S&P fund rating activities
• Contacts fund administrators for necessary or additional information required to monitor fund ratings.
• Participates in meetings and on-site visits with fund managers and their representatives, as assigned. What We're Looking For:
• Undergraduate degree, preferable majors in Business Management, Finance, Economics, Math or other business related majors.
• Strong verbal communication skills
• Strong analytical skills
• The ability to work well in teams
• Customer service orientation
• The ability to organize, meet deadlines and to multitask
• Good problem solving skills
• Basic Microsoft Office proficiency including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Solid communication skills, verbal and written, as well as the capacity to expand, learn, and make a contribution. Preferred Qualifications:
• Familiarity/experience with Bloomberg
• Advanced Excel Skills (Macros, etc.) S&P Global Ratings
S&P Global Ratings is the world's leading provider of independent credit ratings. Our ratings are essential to driving growth, providing transparency and helping educate market participants so they can make decisions with confidence. We have more than 1 million credit ratings outstanding on government, corporate, financial sector and structured finance entities and securities. We offer an independent view of the market built on a unique combination of broad perspective and local insight. We provide our opinions and research about relative credit risk; market participants gain independent information to help support the growth of transparent, liquid debt markets worldwide. S&P Global Ratings is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/ratings EEO Statement
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment. If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person. The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
203 - Entry Professional (EEO Job Group) (inactive), 20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), RATNGS203 - Entry Professional (EEO Job Group) Job ID:
258484 Posted On:
Centennial, Colorado, United States