Ratings Support Specialist
- Centennial, CO, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- S&P Global
- 17 Jan 19
Ratings Support Specialist
The Role: This role will be responsible for managing operational tasks throughout the rating process. This includes creating, managing and processing ratings related data and supporting analysts' compliance with required processes and procedures with a particular emphasis on ensuring quality, accuracy and timeliness of the ratings information and its dissemination to the marketplace
The Career Opportunity: You'll work with a highly skilled team of individuals and play a key role in the ratings support process, helping to ensure analytical and operational excellence. You will have the opportunity to work closely with our global Ratings Release team.
The Team / The Business: You'll work with a team of Ratings Support specialists to provide support to a specific practice, and will coordinate with other team members, including US and global Operations members and Analysts.
Our Hiring Manager says: "I'm looking for the kind of person who has good attention to detail, is able to work independently and has great communication skills. If you're right for this role, you'll enjoy working with a diverse group of professionals (Analysts, Senior Managers, onshore and offshore staff) providing a high level of customer support."
- Performs operational tasks such as setting up workflow system jobs, managing interactions with commercial teams, and compiling / quality checking committee papers.
- Extracts data from internal and external documentation and using knowledge of business rules, accurately enters data and content into required systems, ensuring accuracy and completeness in accordance with pre-defined targets. Validates ratings information in systems and publications prior to rating release.
- Monitors and supports ongoing records management activities, tracking and compliance, and works with analysts to address problems identified from File Reviews and by the Quality, Risk and Compliance departments. Supports information gathering for audits / reviews as required. Creates error records, and represents error reporting at error forums.
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills and a customer-service orientation.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high pressure, fluid environment while performing multiple tasks and ensuring high quality, error free output.
- Must be confident, calm under pressure and possess influencing skills.
- Must be able to work effectively in a team-oriented, global, and multi-cultural environment.
- Strong technical skills with Visio, Excel, PowerPoint and Access.
- College Degree
About S&P Global Ratings
S&P Global Ratings is the world's leading provider of independent credit ratings. Our ratings are essential to driving growth, providing transparency and helping educate market participants so they can make decisions with confidence. We have more than 1 million credit ratings outstanding on government, corporate, financial sector and structured finance entities and securities. We offer an independent view of the market built on a unique combination of broad perspective and local insight. We provide our opinions and research about relative credit risk; market participants gain independent information to help support the growth of transparent, liquid debt markets worldwide.
S&P Global Ratings is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/ratings
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.