Research Assistant, Global Fund Ratings The Location:
Centennial, CO The Team:
This Research Assistant position will provide analytical support for the Global Fund Ratings team that assigns and surveils money market fund and bond fund ratings. You will support analysts in monitoring global developments related to our portfolio, updating and maintaining spreadsheets and databases, extracting portfolio data from fund sponsor submitted materials in order to determine criteria consistency. You will work as an integral part of the analytical team, providing support for detailed reports required for evaluation by rating committees and by lead analysts required to support commentaries and fund reviews. The Impact:
The successful candidate will own and drive the processes that support the Global Funds team's credit analysis and ratings framework. What's in it for you:
With the guidance of senior analysts, a qualified Research Assistant typically supports the Global Fund Ratings team on its ongoing surveillance of a portfolio of rated funds and performs basic fundamental credit analysis. The Global Funds Ratings team provides growth opportunities for an intellectually curious, detail-oriented and tech savvy individual to progress and develop their credit skills into a future primary analyst and brand ambassador. A successful candidate will be afforded the opportunity to demonstrate leadership and autonomy in Centennial's rapidly growing analytical practice. Lastly, this is an excellent platform to gain exposure to senior management to learn firsthand of the challenges and opportunities our Fund sponsor encounter, work alongside a team of experienced analysts and grow from the opportunity to collaborate on research on an important and visible sector. Responsibilities:
For What Are We Looking: Compensation/Benefits Information:
- Support the ongoing surveillance of Global Fund ratings in partnership with senior analysts.
- Provide research input and statistical support for special projects and external market commentaries
- Perform basic fundamental credit analysis and industry analysis in conjunction with and at the direction of senior analysts
- Prepare necessary information for rating committee presentations, management meetings and industry thought leadership.
- Actively participate in management meetings with issuers or rating committees
S&P Global states that the anticipated base salary range for this position is $46,800 to $97,200. Base salary ranges may vary by geographic location.
This role is eligible to receive S&P Global benefits. For more information on the benefits we provide to our employees, visit https://www.spgbenefitessentials.com/newhires .
This role is limited to persons with indefinite right to work in the United States. Basic Qualifications:
- Undergraduate degree, preferable majors in Finance, Economics, Accounting, Statistics, Mathematics or engineering with an academic foundation in financial math
- Highly motivated and quantitative-oriented
- The ability to organize, meet deadlines and to multitask frequently
- Strong analytical skills
- The ability to work well in teams
- Customer service orientation
- Good problem solving skills
- Solid computer skills, including MS Word, advanced Excel, and PowerPoint, other database skills an advantage
- Good communication skills, verbal and written, as well as the capacity to expand, learn, and make a contribution
S&P Global Ratings
- Familiarity/experience with Bloomberg
- Advanced Excel Skills (Macros, etc.)
- Passing one or more CFA exams a plus
- Knowledge of fixed income or equity instruments is a plus
S&P Global Ratings is the world's leading provider of independent credit ratings. Our ratings are essential to driving growth, providing transparency and helping educate market participants so they can make decisions with confidence. We have more than 1 million credit ratings outstanding on government, corporate, financial sector and structured finance entities and securities. We offer an independent view of the market built on a unique combination of broad perspective and local insight. We provide our opinions and research about relative credit risk; market participants gain independent information to help support the growth of transparent, liquid debt markets worldwide. S&P Global Ratings is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/ratings EEO Statement North America
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment. If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person. The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
203 - Entry Professional (EEO Job Group) (inactive), 20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), RATNGS203 - Entry Professional (EEO Job Group) Job ID:
259978 Posted On:
Centennial, Colorado, United States