S&P Global Platts seeks a Project Consultant
for its Custom Analytics team. This position has the responsibility for analysis of commodity markets and creation of market-relevant essential intelligence on the energy transition, natural gas, LNG, electric power, crude oil, refined products, petrochemicals and natural gas liquids (NGLs, including LPGs) with a global perspective. The Project Consultant will be responsible for the origination, scope design, contract negotiation, management, production and execution of Custom Analytics projects from inception through final fulfillment, enabling S&P Global Platts' clients to make more-informed strategic, investment and trading/risk management decisions. Grade
( relevant for internal applicants only ): 10 The Location:
Houston, TX, Centennial, CO The Impact:
The Project Consultant will collaborate with S&P Global Platts analysts and Commercial representatives to assemble commodity, economic and financial information specific to the physical commodity markets. The Project Consultant will conduct market sector and statistical analyses and interpret key market data and information, developing essential intelligence for client decision-making related to specific questions about opportunities and exposures to risks in those commodity markets. The Project Consultant will work with the teams responsible for the development of the company's commodity analysis and content (Platts Analytics subject matter experts), including the offices in London, New York, Singapore, Denver and Houston. The Project Consultant will perform high levels of analytic modeling and will work with the Modeling and Data Science team to construct fundamentals-derived price and basis differential forecasts for the covered commodity markets. The Career Opportunity:
This person would be placed on a steep and challenging learning curve and will be expected to produce projects related to the energy transition, natural gas, LNG, electric power, crude oil, refined products, petrochemicals and natural gas liquids (NGLs, including LPGs), building a knowledge base of these commodities globally, along with nuanced understanding of competing/complementary markets. Numerous opportunities abound to showcase this person's managerial ambitions, professional presentation abilities and thought leadership qualities that could lead to middle and higher-level management positions within the organization and beyond. The Team:
At S&P Global Platts, you are part of a global team working at a fast pace, with ever-expanding ways of offering essential intelligence to your clients. Compensation/Benefits Information (US Applicants Only):
S&P Global states that the anticipated base salary range for this position is $55,900 to $116,100. Base salary ranges may vary by geographic location.
In addition to base compensation, this role is eligible for an annual incentive plan.
This role is eligible to receive additional S&P Global benefits. For more information on the benefits we provide to our employees, visit https://www.spgbenefitessentials.com/newhires . Our Hiring Manager says: "
I'm looking for someone who is experienced in and curious about physical energy commodity markets, one who can solve problems with data and intelligence, yet also knows that some things are unknowable; this person knows how to tell the difference. If you're right for this role, you'll be a polished professional, an inquisitive, conscientious, and effective problem solver and communicator, one who thrives in a dynamic environment where market-moving changes occur every day, and where you'll be surrounded by high-energy, intelligent and creative people who are enthusiastic about understanding and explaining markets to their clients." Responsibilities:
- Originates and designs revenue-generating external Custom Analytics projects, and internal Advisory projects that build analytics and support the existing and future suite of Platts Analytics products
- Works with prospective clients and Platts Commercial representatives to design Custom Analytics projects; negotiates the scope of work, the timeline and fee schedule with the client; works with in-house counsel to facilitate the execution of the documents and closes the deal with external clients
- Directs and produces external Custom Analytics projects through final fulfillment and presents findings to client teams including C-suite, Board of Directors and Senior and Middle Managers
- Works with internal stakeholders to design internal advisory projects; plans the scope of work, the timeline and the available resources for managing and completing internal projects that build analytics coverage and commodity market coverage and understanding that support the existing and future Platts Analytics product offerings
- Collaborates with senior analysts and mentors junior members of other S&P Global Platts teams to develop the subject-matter expertise required for in-depth analysis for Custom Analytics and advisory projects, and to maximize available resources for the timely and accurate execution of projects for clients and internal stakeholders
- Presents at multiple public-speaking events, including Conferences and Forums produced by the Conferences and Marketing teams, as well as select and strategic third-party events, as a vehicle for business development and the branding of S&P Global Platts as an analytics provider (in addition to its core price assessments business and editorial content)
- Participates in ongoing client engagement activities in collaboration with Platts Commercial teams, building client relationships, sharing market views and analysis through presentations and client meetings fostering business development, client satisfaction and the branding of S&P Global Platts as an analytics provider
- BA/BS in Mathematics, Economics, Engineering, Business, and/or related fields of study preferred; graduate degree is a plus, and equivalent experience within the academic discipline also considered
- Experience in energy commodity markets, especially trading or analytics
- Professional and polished communication skills, good listening techniques, precise interviewing skills, outstanding interactive verbal skills, and a clear and concise writing ability; the ability to communicate across a wide range of cultures, groups and personalities, internally and externally, is essential
- Strong analytics capabilities/strengths with data analysis and a broad scope of knowledge including proficiencies with data sets and scripts, codes, and languages, in addition to commodity market industry knowledge
- Ability to work well in a team environment, focusing on collaboration and adapting to the changing priorities of clients and internal stakeholders, within the context of a large and diverse team
- Ability to work long hours and travel up to 25-50%, oftentimes on short notice, and globally
- Language skills beyond English considered a plus
At S&P Global Platts, we provide the insights; you make better informed trading and business decisions with confidence. We're the leading independent provider of information and benchmark prices for the commodities and energy markets. Customers in over 150 countries look to our expertise in news, pricing and analytics to deliver greater transparency and efficiency to markets. S&P Global Platts coverage includes oil and gas, power, petrochemicals, metals, agriculture and shipping.
S&P Global Platts is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.platts.com .
S&P Global has a Securities Disclosure and Trading Policy ("the Policy") that seeks to mitigate conflicts of interest by monitoring and placing restrictions on personal securities holding and trading. The Policy is designed to promote compliance with global regulations. In some Divisions, pursuant to the Policy's requirements, candidates at S&P Global may be asked to disclose securities holdings. Some roles may include a trading prohibition and remediation of positions when there is an effective or potential conflict of interest. Employment at S&P Global is contingent upon compliance with the Policy.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com
and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person. US Candidates Only:
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
202 - Middle Professional (EEO Job Group) (inactive), 20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), BSMGMT202.1 - Middle Professional Tier I (EEO Job Group) Job ID:
264756 Posted On:
Houston, Texas, United States