- Centennial, CO, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- S&P Global
- 22 May 19
The Role: US Public Finance is a high-volume and time sensitive business which requires sound analytical frameworks, operations, and technology to support it. As an Operations Specialist in Business Operations, you will play an integral role providing support to our analytical staff throughout the ratings process. This will involve supporting the end-to-end process of providing a credit rating. Although the position is in Colorado, you will have the opportunity to work with all of our analytical teams across the country.
The Impact: This is a key role in providing superior customer service and support to our internal customers and ensuring adherence to internal timelines, processes and procedures.
The Career Opportunity: You will work with a highly skilled team of individuals and play a key role in the analytical support process helping to ensure analytical and operational excellence. An individual who can excel at this role will be known throughout numerous leadership teams, allowing for many opportunities of growth within the data or analytical side of the business.
The Team/The Business: The position resides in Ratings Business Management. You'll work with the Manager of the Operations Specialists for USPF and coordinate with the team members in processing rating transactions, including analysts and IT support. The team is supportive and collaborative. They greatly value moving forward with the group's mission and goals. A new member of this team will hit the ground running and collaborate with his/her team members immediately.
Our Hiring Manager Says: I'm looking for the kind of person who can work independently while supporting team outcomes, is a quick study, detail oriented, organized, and eager to learn something new every day. If you're right for this role, you'll enjoy working with a diverse group of professionals (Analysts, Senior Managers, onshore and offshore support staff) providing a high level of analytical support.
- High aptitude for learning
- High aptitude with logic
- Advanced excel skills, comfortable manipulating large data sets in excel, executing and writing macros in excel
- Should have working knowledge of databases and ability to understand and modify SQL queries, using TOAD for Oracle or Crystal Reports.
- Ability interpret large number of minute details on 100+ system validations and processes
- Ability to identify root causes and problem solve data and application problems
- Ability to master a complicated data structure
- Ability to identify and suggest improvements in processes and systems
- Ability to leverage in-house software tools to perform end-to-end data management and analysis of USPF data
- Provide support to our analytical team throughout the end-to-end process
- Have sufficient knowledge of all PF rating criteria to know which criteria apply to a given debt issuance, and know the rules for criteria that deal with logical rating relationships
- The Operations Specialist should be well-organized, detailed-oriented and have the ability to prioritize their workload
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- High focus on providing the highest level of customer support - this includes providing assistance, meeting deadlines, having a 'can-do' attitude, and ensuring the highest quality work
- Strong Excel and Power Point skills
- The ability to work effectively in a team-oriented environment with limited supervision
- Ability to analyze and solve moderately complex problems in operational processes and show problem solving skills
- Basic knowledge of bonds, ratings, credit enhancement and structured ratings
- Understand how the various applications are interconnected by the common data structure
- Ability to adapt and work in a functional and highly knowledgeable manner to conform and abide by consistent changes within the business
- Ability to produce quality work under pressure of time constraints
About S&P Global Ratings
S&P Global Ratings is the world's leading provider of independent credit ratings. Our ratings are essential to driving growth, providing transparency and helping educate market participants so they can make decisions with confidence. We have more than 1 million credit ratings outstanding on government, corporate, financial sector and structured finance entities and securities. We offer an independent view of the market built on a unique combination of broad perspective and local insight. We provide our opinions and research about relative credit risk; market participants gain independent information to help support the growth of transparent, liquid debt markets worldwide.
S&P Global Ratings is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/ratings
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.