Marketing Manager, 451 Research, Data & Research
The Role: Marketing Manager, 451 Research, Data & Research
The Location: Charlottesville, VA and Centennial, CO
The Grade (for internal use only): G10
The S&P Global Market Intelligence marketing team is composed of creative and enthusiastic B2B marketing professionals located around the world. As part of the Commercial organization - with strong partnership to Product - we focus on building brand awareness and driving front-end pipeline. We value teamwork, drive ideas with data, and execute in a meaningful way to our internal stakeholders and external clients. The business has a casual and friendly atmosphere with an entrepreneurial spirit. It is crucial that you thrive in a fast-paced, performance-based culture to be successful within our organization.
S&P Global Market Intelligence's marketing managers are creators of effective and impactful campaign ideas, strong in messaging, and a great collaborator with team and stakeholders. This role will work under the direction of an Associate Director and in partnership with the Strategic Initiatives Marketing and Demand Generation teams, to build value proposition messaging and execute global marketing campaigns that build brand awareness and generate demand for our 451 Research offering. This includes creating and delivering annual marketing plans to support cross-segment strategic business objectives which therefore involves collaboration and teamwork with many other marketing colleagues. This role will lead the go-to-market strategy from a marketing view for technology expansion and work collaboratively with other marketers to tell a connected story to our audience.
The ideal candidate will possess B2B marketing experience and demonstrate a keen interest in the technology and financial services sectors. Strong written and presentation communication skills are critical, as is the ability to be a strong individual contributor. The candidate must demonstrate their ability to craft compelling product messaging and leverage the full complement of print and digital marketing channels. Familiarity with the technology space and marketing platforms such as Marketo and Salesforce is an advantage. We are looking for a strong marketer to work with many stakeholders and marketing teams across segments and global regions; he or she will need to gain an understanding of how our capabilities provide value to our clients, have transferable skills and an open mindset.
The Marketing Manager will engage with product, commercial, and branding team members to understand S&P Global Market Intelligence's solutions, go-to-market strategies, brand positioning, regional dynamics, and the competitive landscape. The Marketing Manager will work closely with internal marketing teams across global regions and various client segments and personas to take projects from start to finish. Compensation/Benefits Information (US Applicants Only):
S&P Global states that the anticipated base salary range for this position is $59.9k to $ 116.1k. Base salary ranges may vary by geographic location.
In addition to base compensation, this role is eligible for an annual incentive plan.
This role is eligible to receive additional S&P Global benefits. For more information on the benefits we provide to our employees, visit https://www.spgbenefitessentials.com/newhires .
• Content and product marketing - Develop product marketing campaigns for various content pieces which help position S&P Global Market Intelligence as a thought leader such as papers, reports, infographics, email campaigns, blogs, etc. Analyze and measure the performance to maximize reach and effectiveness.
• Marketing communications - Produce email, web and advertising copy, social posts, and sales collateral aligned to the business' growth strategy and branding guidelines.
• Stakeholder communications and support - Collaborate with sales for driving the lead processing workflow and provide regular and consistent updates to the product and commercial teams.
• Global collaboration - Leverage work developed by global colleagues and adopt campaign best practices by region or market. Influence and collaborate with colleague beyond the reporting line to maximize the campaign impact and results.
• Sales enablement - Develop materials to help Sales communicate the value proposition of products and support the selling process of those products
• Event support & management - Work closely with the Global Event team and business areas to support event strategy and activation as well as define event KPIs
• Marketing operations - Leverage marketing automation tool to plan and execute marketing campaigns and compile analytics and reporting
• Bachelor's degree (Marketing, Communications, Business or related field preferred)
• Minimum 4 years in a marketing or communications role, or similar experience; B2B financial services experience a plus
• Foundational understanding of the industries and markets covered by S&P Global Market Intelligence
• Experience writing persona-driven messaging that clearly communicates solutions' benefits
• Experience leveraging print, digital, social, and event channels to drive B2B marketing campaigns
• Strong presentation skills, as well as written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent organizational and time management skills
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Passionate and focused with a desire for continual improvement
This role is limited to persons with indefinite right to work in the United States.
• Familiarity with Salesforce CRM, and Marketo marketing automation desired
• Relentless and hardworking with a willingness to roll up your sleeves on Day 1
• Fun! Energetic! Obsessed with Winning! About Company Statement: S&P Global Market Intelligence
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important-some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
S&P Global Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/marketintelligence. Equal Opportunity Employer:
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com
and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person. US Candidates Only:
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), MRKTNG202.1 - Middle Professional Tier I (EEO Job Group), SWP Priority - Ratings - (Strategic Workforce Planning) Job ID:
262065 Posted On:
Charlottesville, Virginia, United States