Lead Python Engineer
S&P Global Platts Role: Lead Python Engineer Grade (relevant for internal applicants only): 11 Location: Princeton, NJ/New York, NY
S&P Global Platts is looking for an experienced Lead Python Engineer to join our team, full-time. An ideal candidate will be a key player in the growth and development of this brand new platform. Not only will they play a significant role in the planning, development and deployment of the product, but they will also aid in the internal management and growth of the team. They should be comfortable handling new challenges involving emerging technologies. The candidate must follow best practices for software development and has experience building reusable and maintainable application code for future projects.
S&P Global states that the anticipated base salary range for this position is $67,600 - $155,100. Base salary ranges may vary by geographic location.
In addition to base compensation, this role is eligible for an annual incentive bonus.
This role is eligible to receive additional S&P Global benefits. For more information on the benefits we provide to our employees, visit
https://www.spgbenefitessentials.com/newhires Required Skills & Experience
Desired Skills & Experience
- Demonstrated ability to lead a software engineering team while working closely with product management, quality assurance and business analysts.
- Hands on experience developing with Python and frameworks such as Flask and Django
- Strong experience working with Amazon Web Services (AWS), Azure or Google Cloud platforms
- Experience working with various SQL and NoSQL technologies
- Take leadership role in collecting and documenting product requirements alongside the product management organization and translate them to a technical design
- Proven experience working with an Agile framework mindset
- Desire to work with a highly collaborative team located onshore and offshore
- Strong interpersonal and written communications skills
- Solid experience building and designing highly scalable and fault tolerant systems
- Prior experience building a strong software engineering team
- Domain knowledge in financial services industry is a big plus
At S&P Global Platts, we provide the insights; you make better informed trading and business decisions with confidence. We're the leading independent provider of information and benchmark prices for the commodities and energy markets. Customers in over 150 countries look to our expertise in news, pricing and analytics to deliver greater transparency and efficiency to markets. S&P Global Platts coverage includes oil and gas, power, petrochemicals, metals, agriculture and shipping.
S&P Global Platts is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.platts.com.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com
and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), IFTECH202.2 - Middle Professional Tier II (EEO Job Group), SWP Priority - Ratings - (Strategic Workforce Planning) Job ID:
261083 Posted On:
Princeton, New Jersey, United States