Lead I, Software Development/Engineering
Job Description The Role
: Lead Software Developer Grade Level:
11 (for internal purposes only) The Location
: Richmond, VA or Denver, CO or Virtual The Team
The MMD team is responsible for Content Systems Development and data ingestion of MMD datasets and delivering data to MI platform. The team works in an environment that gives ample opportunities to be creative when taking on complex design and architectural problems. We have teams made up of people that learn how to work effectively together, while working with the larger group of developers on our platform. Opportunities are presented every single day to work with people from a wide variety of backgrounds and you can develop a close team dynamic with coworkers around the globe. Impact
We are looking for highly motivated, enthusiastic, and skilled software engineer to join an agile scrum team developing technology solutions for S&P Global Market Intelligence. The team is responsible for modernizing and migrating the internal and product platform utilizing latest technologies. Our Software Engineers are involved in the full product life cycle, from design through release. You will be expected to participate in the design, review process, write high-quality code, and work with a dedicated team of QA PO, UAT, and Software Engineers. What's in it for you:
- Opportunity to further develop and grow your development skills within a dynamic global organization.
- Gain exposure to cutting edge technologies
- Architect, design, and implement software related projects.
- Participate and take leadership role in software related projects.
- Perform analyses and articulate solutions.
- Manage and improve existing solutions.
- Solve a variety of complex problems and figure out possible solutions, weighing the costs and benefits.
- Collaborate effectively with technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Active participation in all scrum ceremonies following Agile principles and best practices
• Work as a senior developer with extensive on hands development for the entire SDLC
• Work closely with product owners, technology partners to understand and clarify requirements
• Design and develop highly scalable industry-leading backend applications and services
• Analyze, isolate issues, and resolve them
• Continuously improve the architecture and quality of the code Basic Qualifications
Compensation/Benefits Information (US Applicants Only):
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent
- 10 years' experience in application development
- Passionate, smart, and articulate developer
- Strong C# skills with experience in Python, Scala, VB & ASP
- Have experience working with SQL & Oracle databases
- Proficient with software development lifecycle (SDLC) methodologies like Agile, Test-driven development.
- Experience implementing: Web Services (with WCF, RESTful JSON, SOAP, TCP), Windows Services, and Unit Tests
- Experience working in cloud computing environments such as AWS, Azure or GCP
- Experience with Big Data technologies such as Apache Hadoop and Spark is a plus
- Able to demonstrate strong OOP skills
- Excellent problem-solving & troubleshooting skills
- Experience with large scale messaging systems such as Kafka or RabbitMQ or commercial systems.
- Good work ethic, self-starter, and results-oriented
- Excellent communication skills are essential, with strong verbal and writing proficiencies.
- Agile/Scrum experience a plus
- Familiarity and/or enthusiasm with Data Science / Machine Learning is a plus
S&P Global states that the anticipated base salary range for this position is $67,600 - $190,100. Base salary ranges may vary by geographic location.
In addition to base compensation, this role is eligible for an annual incentive bonus/a sales commission plan.
This role is eligible to receive additional S&P Global benefits. For more information on the benefits we provide to our employees, visit https://www.spgbenefitessentials.com/newhires . S&P Global Market Intelligence
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important-some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
S&P Global Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies, and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/marketintelligence .
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, sex, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), IFTECH202.2 - Middle Professional Tier II (EEO Job Group), SWP Priority - Ratings - (Strategic Workforce Planning) Job ID:
267321 Posted On:
Glen Allen, Virginia, United States