Lead Data Scientist
Lead Data Scientist (MUST HAVE FINANCIAL SERVICES EXPERIENCE) The Location:
Virtual (USA preferred) The Team:
The New Product Development team gathers intelligence from across the financial services market, including new technologies and new approaches to new regulations, to help define how they have the potential to impact businesses within the sector. We then define product opportunities and build partnerships with internal teams and third parties to develop new products that deliver new innovations. We succeed through leveraging unique research, big data, and machine learning techniques, and quantifying non-traditional data sources and risk analysis in bespoke models that help businesses manage their approach. This team works toward implementing ideas at the junction of Risk, Fintech and Regulations. The Impact:
With the ever-expanding data sets and techniques to handle data, in this role you will use cutting edge techniques in domain languages to handle both traditional and alternative data sets and apply them into credit modelling. What's in it for you:
We are a Fortune 500 company and recognized industry-leading provider of data and analytics: as such, we provide an unusually rich environment for data scientists to make an impact and grow personally and professionally. In addition to applying data science, you will have an opportunity to connect with leaders across S&P Global, our clients and partners; define new product opportunities; and be part of a lean, active, and professional team.
Join a dynamic team that solves diverse problems using, applied machine learning in finance with an end to end implementation of the solution: inception, prototyping, development, production and GTM/selling/positioning. Responsibilities:
What We're Looking For: Basic Qualifications:
- Design, execute and deploy projects aimed at solving high-impact business problems.
- Play a central role in all stages of the data science project life cycle, including:
- Identification of suitable data science project opportunities
- Partnering with business leaders, domain experts, and end-users to gain business understanding, data understanding, and collect requirements
- Evaluation/interpretation of results and presentation to business leaders
- Partnering with software developers to provide specifications for deploying models/algorithms into production systems, when applicable
- Perform exploratory data analysis, proof-of-concept modeling, and business cases necessary to generate partner consensus and internal support for your projects
- Dedicatedly communicate the vision and status of your data science projects, ensuring that accurate expectations are set and met across all levels of partners
- Write up business case, including coordinating across functional teams to capture all costs and revenues
- Present to customers projects and validate needs and requirements to feed into the business case
- Provide analysis and due diligence expertise with potential strategic partners
- Graduate Degree in Math, Statistics, Engineering, Computer Science, or related field; or equivalent experience
- 2+ years' experience in a quantitative, Data Science or other advanced data & predictive analytics role
- Strong English-speaking and writing skills required
Demonstrated experience with the following:
- Hands on experience with implementing statistical models
- For example, Bayesian statistics, GLM, multivariate regression, principal component analysis, robust statistics...
- Experience in applying optimization and numerical methods.
- Hands on experience with implementing Machine Learning techniques in a specific business application context.
- Experience in building institutional/b2b financial models (generalized linear regression models, numerical optimization techniques...) in the capital markets, risk management or credit risk. Term structure modeling (preferred).
- Intermediate in Python or R with at least a basic application in the other language.
- Applied Machine Learning models such as decision trees random forest, neural networks...whether in research or at work. Natural Language Processing experience (preferred).
- Experience in deploying apps in cloud native environment (docker, Kubernetes, sagemaker, AWS, databricks...)
- Databases: SQL and any of SQL Server, Oracle, Snowflake, Postgres
- Built apps using Shiny/RStudio Connect and/or Plotly/Dash.
- Shown success in using large amounts of data to solve analytical problems
- Exposure to technologies such as Hadoop, Spark, NoSQL data stores
- Ability to collaborate effectively with a diverse group of business, operational and technical partners
- Ability to communicate complex mathematical models and processes in straightforward, non-technical language
- Presentation skills: including presenting to senior management, stakeholders and the executive team
S&P Global states that the anticipated base salary range for this position is $67,600 to $190,100. Base salary ranges may vary by geographic location.
In addition to base compensation, this role is eligible for an annual incentive bonus/a sales commission plan. This role is not eligible for additional compensation such as an annual incentive bonus or sales commission plan.
This role is eligible to receive S&P Global benefits. For more information on the benefits we provide to our employees, visit https://www.spgbenefitessentials.com/newhires . S&P Global Market Intelligence
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important-some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
S&P Global Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/marketintelligence. EOE Statement:
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, sex, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com
and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), ANLYTC202.2 - Middle Professional Tier II (EEO Job Group), SWP Priority - Ratings - (Strategic Workforce Planning) Job ID:
264954 Posted On:
New York, New York, United States