LPG / NGL Analyst
Platts is seeking an Energy Analyst, Natural Gas Liquids. This position has the responsibility for in-depth analysis of NGL markets in the Americas and high-level analysis of the global market. The NGL analyst will analyze gas processing plant data and review processing, fractionation, petrochemical and export projects to provide actionable intelligence regarding the NGL market to clients, enabling them to make informed trading, risk management and investment decisions. Grade
( relevant for internal applicants only ): 10 The Location:
Houston, Denver The Impact:
The analyst will collect economic and financial information specific to a commodity market or organization, will conduct market sector or statistical analysis and will interpret key market data elements into useful business information. They will look to leverage their broad scope of knowledge when performing analysis on data sets that may require scripts, codes, languages, etc. The analyst is expected to perform high-quality and in-depth analytic work and modeling, and to report findings in subscription reports. The Career Opportunity:
This person would be placed on a challenging, steep learning curve in terms of not only becoming a subject matter expert in natural gas liquids, but also in competing/complementary markets, such natural gas, crude oil and petrochemicals. Opportunities abound to showcase this person's ambitions, presentation abilities and thought leadership that could lead to higher-level analytics positions within the organization. The Team:
You are part of a global team. Fast paced, with ever expanding new ways of delivering important content and analytics to our readers. Your Skills:
Natural Gas Liquids, Condensate, Crude Oil, Chemical Engineering, Process Design, Financial and/or financial modeling, strong knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Python, R, SQL, Matlab). Our Hiring Manager says:
I'm looking for someone who is experienced in, and curious, about energy markets. If you're right for this role, you'll be inquisitive, conscientious, an effective problem solver and communicator. You'll love this job because you'll be in a dynamic environment where market-moving changes occur every day, surrounded by high-energy individuals who are enthusiastic about covering markets, spotting key trends and reporting about those trends to our curious customers. Responsibilities:
- Collects economic and financial information specific to a commodity market or organization, conducts market sector or statistical analysis and interprets key market data elements into useful business information via commentary and written analysis.
- Leverages broad scope of knowledge when performing analysis on data sets; May use scripts, codes, languages, etc.
- Performs high level analysis and modeling. May develop quantitative/analytic models.
- Conducts research including identifying data, data input, and statistical analysis of results and creates and maintains data, rate of return analysis and reports.Develops new statistical or fundamentals-based models in Excel, R or Matlab.
- Prepares presentations and engages directly with clients to present analysis.
- Responds to client requests/inquiries for data and analysis.
- BA/BS in Business, Mathematics, Economics, Finance, Chemical Engineering, and/or related field of study preferred. Equivalent experience within their discipline also considered.
- 2-5 years experience in natural gas liquids/petrochemicals/oil industry
- Persistent with a natural curiosity about energy market fundamentals and technical details. Good grasp of the midstream or petrochemical markets desired.
- Displays well-rounded communication skills that implement good listening techniques, clear, concise writing style; and good verbal skills. The ability to communicate across a wide range of groups and personalities internally and externally.
- Works well in a team environment, focusing on collaboration and adapting to the needs of a diverse team. Has subject matter expertise in one marketDisplays good numeracy including ability to conceptualize proportional relationships; understands algebra and statistics; strong working knowledge of Excel, SQL, R, Matlab or other programming languages.
• Adept at managing multiple tasks and adhering to regular deadlines. Able to adjust priorities throughout the day. Compensation/Benefits Information (US Applicants Only):
S&P Global states that the anticipated base salary range for this position is $55,900 to $116,100. Base salary ranges may vary by geographic location. In addition to base compensation, this role is eligible for an annual incentive plan.
This role is eligible to receive additional S&P Global benefits. For more information on the benefits we provide to our employees, visit https://www.spgbenefitessentials.com/newhires .
At S&P Global Platts, we provide the insights; you make better informed trading and business decisions with confidence. We're the leading independent provider of information and benchmark prices for the commodities and energy markets. Customers in over 150 countries look to our expertise in news, pricing and analytics to deliver greater transparency and efficiency to markets. S&P Global Platts coverage includes oil and gas, power, petrochemicals, metals, agriculture and shipping.
S&P Global Platts is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.platts.com .
S&P Global has a Securities Disclosure and Trading Policy ("the Policy") that seeks to mitigate conflicts of interest by monitoring and placing restrictions on personal securities holding and trading. The Policy is designed to promote compliance with global regulations. In some Divisions, pursuant to the Policy's requirements, candidates at S&P Global may be asked to disclose securities holdings. Some roles may include a trading prohibition and remediation of positions when there is an effective or potential conflict of interest. Employment at S&P Global is contingent upon compliance with the Policy.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com
and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person. US Candidates Only:
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), ANLYTC202.1 - Middle Professional Tier I (EEO Job Group) Job ID:
268077 Posted On:
Houston, Texas, United States