10 ( relevant for internal applicants only ) The Locations:
Denver, Gurgaon, Houston, London, Singapore, or New York The Team:
The role is part of a disciplined global team based in our key office locations including New York, London, Singapore, Denver and Houston, therefore a global mindset will be needed. The role is integrated as part of our global analytics team. It provides both short term and long term forecasts for freight rates for both internal use and for our Freight Analytics Service clients. The Impact:
S&P Global Platts is looking for an experienced Analyst to expand our Freight Analytics Service. This position will be responsible for developing ship supply-demand balance outlooks, freight rate forecasts, and quantitative analysis of bunker fuel fundamentals. The focus will be on LNG carriers and secondarily on oil tanker markets for crude oil and clean/dirty product tankers. What's in it for you:
This is an exciting opportunity to take ownership of a key area and help expand our freight analytics offerings for our clients worldwide. You will join the world's largest commodity analytics and price reporting organization as it embarks on new ventures in the worlds of pricing, trade, arbitrage, and supply/demand analysis. Responsibilities:
Primary responsibilities will include: developing global LNG vessel supply-demand balance outlooks; developing LNG vessel freight rate forecasts , and supporting the Lead Analyst with fundamentals analysis for all major size classes for dirty and clean service with a focus on the next 1-12 months; modeling longer term fundamentals/rate forecasts; communicating these outlooks to our clients via reports, seminar presentations, webinars, and individual communications; evaluating the impact of bunker specification changes (e.g., IMO 2020) and other regulatory changes (e.g., greenhouse gas emissions) on shipping and freight markets; contributing to monthly freight outlooks; develop new Freight Service reports and tools; collaborate with our freight reporting/news teams in Platts in building broader insight throughout the organization. You will also be expected to:
The successful candidate:
- Develop and maintain contact with shippers, tanker brokers, and others in the industry in order to source market information; communicate with other Platts analysts in editorial shipping groups.
- Contribute to global freight market research and identify opportunities to improve our analytical offerings through a range of supply and demand and trade flow analyses;
- Establish yourself as a subject matter expert for freight markets, and be prepared to present at Platts events or other external conferences as a recognized expert.
- Develop demand models for LNG carriers and tankers. Track changes in vessel supply (order book, deliveries, scrapping).
- Keep up to date on IMO developments and other regulatory and environmental issues.
will ideally have an existing strong understanding of freight/tanker markets, the discipline of analysis, and relevant modeling of freight markets. Strong English language skills and an evident comfort at writing in English are a prerequisite. The candidate must be able to work independently and under pressure to meet deadlines, and attention to detail is a must. Strong organizational skills, excellent communication skills and great team spirit would also be beneficial. Outstanding knowledge of Excel, Word and PowerPoint are necessary. Knowledge of SQL and Python are a plus. What We're Looking For: Qualifications
About S&P Global Platts
- Bachelors or advanced degree in engineering, economics, mathematics/statistics, or related field;
- Knowledge of shipping operations and economics, freight rates and markets, and shipping issues;
- Knowledge of typical trade patterns and flows;
- General knowledge of crude oil and oil product markets;
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate across a wide range of groups and personalities, internally and externally;
- Clear, concise writing style, and self-editing skills;
- Possess energy, tenacity and ambition to excel in a fast-paced environment and foster that environment in new starters;
- Proven analytical ability and comfort handling numbers;
- A solid understanding of economic principles;
- Excellent English writing skills;
- Experience in commodity markets.
At S&P Global Platts, we provide the insights; you make better informed trading and business decisions with conviction. We're the leading independent provider of information and benchmark prices for the commodities and energy markets. Customers in over 150 countries look to our expertise in news, pricing and analytics to deliver greater transparency and efficiency to markets. S&P Global Platts coverage includes oil and gas, power, petrochemicals, metals, agriculture and shipping.
S&P Global Platts is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.platts.com
To all recruitment agencies: S&P Global does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward such resumes to any S&P Global employee, office location or website. S&P Global will not be responsible for any fees related such resumes. Compensation/Benefits Information (US Applicants Only):
S&P Global states that the anticipated base salary range for this position is $68,300 to $155,900 . Base salary ranges may vary by geographic location.
In addition to base compensation, this role is eligible for an annual incentive plan.
This role is eligible to receive additional S&P Global benefits. For more information on the benefits we provide to our employees, visit https://www.spgbenefitessentials.com/newhires .
20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), ANLYTC202.1 - Middle Professional Tier I (EEO Job Group) Job ID:
261416 Posted On:
London, United Kingdom