Director, Local Government, LG Midwest
: The local government team has a strong collegial environment and friendly atmosphere. The work is a mix of independent analysis and teamwork, and as a senior analyst, you will be expected to mentor, train, and support junior analysts. The pace is rapid, so if the thought of working on one report by yourself for months sounds boring to you, you'd like this environment. The Impact:
This position will give the successful candidate the opportunity to contribute to a strong talent development culture that values integrated and high-impact analysis, service excellence, diversity and empowerment. What's in it for you
US Public Finance is an important sector of the capital markets and is a key funding source and growth driver for many areas of the US economy. If you are interested in helping to facilitate this growth while challenging yourself in a fast-paced environment, this is the right position for you. Responsibilities
As a Director, you will analyze a portfolio of assigned entities as well as complex situations, data, and information, assess client's financial projections and resolve difficult deal-specific analytical situations. This position is responsible for meeting with issuers and investors on analytical matters, assisting in resolving client needs, contributing to media requirements in conjunction with other senior members of the organization, and taking the lead at external meetings related to credits. Specifically, in this role, the analyst will:
What We're Looking For: Basic Qualifications:
- Rate complex deals, and proficiently write complex analytical reports.
- Serve to establish policy, lead criteria, policy, and analytical deliberations, identify and develop needed changes/innovations in rating methodology/criteria standards and the ratings process, and ensure that analytical guidelines, quality standards, procedures and policies established are adhered to for all credits.
- Act as a senior member of rating committees and be responsible for convening and conducting of rating committee deliberations in area of expertise, including acting as the rating committee chair and assuring the integrity of the rating process. Act as an active, vocal voting member of the committee.
- Function as a sector expert on credits. Publish timely industry commentaries, and proficiently write sector reviews and thought leadership pieces. Develop and lead ideas on papers across a broad range of issues for publication in S&P journals and other publications.
- Speaking publically and representing the company to external stakeholders.
- Manage, support and guide junior analysts and develop their analytical and personal skills. Review, critique, and provide analytic feedback on analysis and publishing performed.
7+ years of experience related to the Public Finance sector.
You will have strong analytical, problem-solving and critical thinking skills and a demonstrated ability to coach and mentor analytical team members.
You will have the propensity to show initiative and demonstrate strong communication (both written and oral), interpersonal and management skills.
The candidate should have the aptitude to be a team player, but also be able to work independently.
The candidate should be equipped to ensure that analytical guidelines, quality standards, procedures and policies established are adhered to for all credits. Preferred Qualifications
Bachelor degree is required, postgraduate qualifications would be an advantage.
You will have strong experience and a deep understanding of the Local Government sector. Compensation/Benefits Information:
S&P Global states that the anticipated base salary range for this position is $154,000 to $188,000. Base salary ranges may vary by geographic location.
This role is eligible to receive S&P Global benefits. For more information on the benefits we provide to our employees, visit https://www.spgbenefitessentials.com/newhires .
202 - Middle Professional (EEO Job Group) (inactive), 20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), RATNGS202.2 - Middle Professional Tier II (EEO Job Group) Job ID:
261139 Posted On:
Chicago, Illinois, United States