Data Management Solutions Product Manager - New Business Development
S&P Global Market Intelligence The Role:
Data Management Solutions Product Manager - New Business Development Grade (relevant for internal applicants only):
11 The Location:
Centennial, Colorado The Team:
Data Management Solutions team manages and delivers data solutions to clients of all segments. This agile group supports delivery of S&P Global, alternative and select third-party data through our Xpressfeed, API solutions and cloud-hosted delivery platforms which enable our clients to leverage these data sets as part of their workflows and analytics. The Impact:
As a New Business Development Analyst for the Data Management Solutions Business, you will focus on identifying, analyzing and testing new technology and content that will help advance the overall Data Management Solutions business. You will be responsible for addressing client needs, as well as helping drive revenue and innovation across the Data Management Solutions Product Suite. You will implement and develop these new technologies by working directly with Clients, Sales, Product Management, Segments and Technology to ensure alignment and execution. In addition, you will focus on working with the sales team and clients to help sell the value proposition of our Data Management Solutions products. What's in it for you:
This role is an opportunity to join a team that's motivated by delivering market-moving products, double-digit revenue growth, and having fun making it all happen! Responsibilities:
What We're Looking For: Business Knowledge:
- Stay abreast of the changing technologies and how DMS can utilize them to improve our product offering and improve the client experience
- Work closely with our clients to understand their needs, the competition and articulate the value proposition of our products.
- Create a strategic New Business Development roadmap that will demonstrate how it will support client needs within the capital markets and beyond.
- Look to create third party channel partnerships to further expand the DMS presence across all client and user types.
- Build relationships across senior management and key stakeholders to gain buy in and support for additional product and content initiatives for our DMS products.
- Own and manage the business requirements for all new business development products and ideas.
- Collaborate and engage actively across all S&P Global divisions to align product priorities and synergies where appropriate.
- Ensure constant communication throughout the organization around the new products and client benefits.
- Creation of metrics to demonstrate progress and business benefits of the product offering.
- Execute technology initiatives with the IT organization by providing functional requirements and data analysis.
- Conduct regular training sessions with sales team and provide relevant updates during new product releases.
- In-depth knowledge of the financial industry, Regulatory initiatives and competitive landscape.
- In-depth knowledge and hands-on expertise in defining enterprise data strategies, and successfully leading product management functions.
- Strong organizational management, business case development, and able to work across business teams to meet deadlines.
- Familiarity with advanced/predictive analytics, and data-centric technologies desired.
- Knowledge and experience working with structured data and data repositories used for data mining and innovation analysis
- Demonstrate management and leadership experience
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of product quality and data management
Compensation/Benefits Information (US Applicants Only):
- At least 3-5 years of product experience including enterprise-wide data initiatives and working with datasets in the financial services industry.
- Proven ability to work with and motivate global teams in a diverse and complex organization to deliver quality results on time.
- Demonstrable experience resolving complex operational problems requiring strategic and innovative solutions.
- Extensive experience developing financial market data services products from concept to commercialization.
- Client facing experience a must.
- Exceptional ability to work in an international multi-cultural environment utilizing effective influencing, negotiation, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong public speaking skills and the ability to interact with people at all levels within an organization.
- A highly motivated self-starter; ability to work independently and creatively as well as within a team.
- Excellent networking skills are required in order to obtain market information necessary to anticipate customer needs and interpret the trends that are evolving in the markets S&P Global serves.
- Knowledge of SQL and/or Python preferred.
S&P Global states that the anticipated base salary range for this position is $67,600 to $190,100. Base salary ranges may vary by geographic location.
In addition to base compensation, this role is eligible for an annual incentive bonus/a sales commission plan.
This role is eligible to receive additional S&P Global benefits. For more information on the benefits we provide to our employees, visit https://www.spgbenefitessentials.com/newhires . S&P Global Market Intelligence
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important-some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
S&P Global Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/marketintelligence. EOE Statement:
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, sex, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com
and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), PDMGDV202.2 - Middle Professional Tier II (EEO Job Group), SWP Priority - Ratings - (Strategic Workforce Planning) Job ID:
261861 Posted On:
Centennial, Colorado, United States