Data Architect - Data Operations & Governance
( relevant for internal applicants only ): 10 The Location :
Centennial, CO The Team:
The Data Governance organization is set up to maintain data quality, resolve data conflicts, facilitate mitigation of risk and promote transparency across business units to protect one of Platts' most important assets, information. Through data governance, Platts is looking to exercise positive control over the processes and methods used by their data stewards, and other data custodians, to handle data in order to ensure that clean and trusted data is available for business operations. The Impact:
As a Data Architect you will have the ability to utilize your technical knowledge and skills to set the vision for the use of data and to deliver the tools & models that fulfill the Platts data strategy. What's in it for you:
- This position provides a tremendous opportunity to grow personally and professionally as a key member of Platts Data Governance team
- As Platts looks to the future you will help define a data strategy for the post-transformation future
- You will be responsible for data analysis, data architecture, data modeling, development and governance of principles and standards that impact how data elements are developed and managed across the enterprise.
- You will collaborate with Scrum Masters, Project Managers, Content Analyst, Subject Matter Experts and DBAs to design solutions based on industry standard methodologies and use your critical thinking skills to overcome challenges.
What We're Looking For:
- Create and maintain logical and physical data models, including corresponding metadata, using best practices to ensure high data quality and reduced redundancy.
- Optimize and update logical and physical data models to support new and existing projects.
- Work with technology and business teams to understand and translate business needs into data models that support strategic long-term solutions.
- Develop and define data standards and best practices, across the organization, to ensure consistency of models and align with the Platts technology and data strategies
- Define and evolve Governance processes to ensure data is embedded in the creation of new architectures
- Work with business to identify data source needs and methods for accessing the data
- Recommend opportunities for reuse of data models in new environments.
- Evaluate data models and databases for variances and discrepancies.
- Validate business data objects for accuracy and completeness.
- Analyze data-related system integration challenges and propose appropriate solutions.
- BS or MS in information technology or computer science
- 7+ years of Years of Relevant Working experience, including hands-on experience contributing to data/application architecture and design
- 7+ years of experience utilizing data modeling tools like ER Studio/ Erwin/Power Designer
- Strong understanding of database technologies like SQL, Oracle, NoSQL
- Experience with Data modelling and metadata management; specifically designing logical models / data dictionaries from both business requirements and reverse-engineering
- Experience with the principles of Data Management, Data Governance and Data Quality
- Ability to prioritize and manage work to critical project timelines in a fast-paced, Agile development environment
- Excellent analytical thinking, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Strong detail-orientation.
- Basic understanding of programming concepts.
- Basic understanding of commodities markets preferred.
S&P Global states that the anticipated base salary range for this position is $68,300 to $155,900 . Base salary ranges may vary by geographic location.
In addition to base compensation, this role is eligible for an annual incentive plan.
This role is eligible to receive additional S&P Global benefits. For more information on the benefits we provide to our employees, visit https://www.spgbenefitessentials.com/newhires . About S&P Global Platts:
At S&P Global Platts, we provide the insights; you make better informed trading and business decisions with confidence. We're the leading independent provider of information and benchmark prices for the commodities and energy markets. Customers in over 150 countries look to our expertise in news, pricing and analytics to deliver greater transparency and efficiency to markets. S&P Global Platts coverage includes oil and gas, power, petrochemicals, metals, agriculture and shipping.
S&P Global Platts is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.platts.com.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, sex, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com
and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), IFTECH202.1 - Middle Professional Tier I (EEO Job Group), SWP Priority - Ratings - (Strategic Workforce Planning) Job ID:
262337 Posted On:
Centennial, Colorado, United States