Cloud Solutions Manager
- Centennial, CO, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- S&P Global
- 20 May 19
Cloud Solutions Manager
You have a passion for helping internal customers implement cloud solutions, build their understanding of new cloud platforms and application architectures, and the consultative and leadership skills to launch reliable cloud projects on a trajectory to success. Above all, you want to build and lead a team of Solutions Engineers in a fast-paced financial services environment.
S&P Global is looking for a highly motivated Cloud Solutions Manager to manage a team in Virginia and to be a hands-on leader-by-example. You would help accelerate our growth as part of a global Solutions Engineering team. This is an excellent opportunity to join S&P Global as we transform our infrastructure and move into the cloud, while also developing your skills and furthering your career as we plan to power the markets of the future.
As a Cloud Solutions Manager within S&P Global you will have the opportunity to help shape and deliver on a strategy to build critical projects under the Digital Technology & Innovation division, responsible for building core services that will power our future products.
Your responsibilities will include: owning the technical engagements with project owners and product leads, helping to define implementation architectures, responding to RFPs, standing up demonstration and proof-of-concept systems, supporting the delivery and uptime of our products, and achieving ultimate success around specific technical projects.
To achieve those goals - and building on your broad background, technical breadth and depth in security, networking, operating systems, and application architecture - you will have expertise in AWS technologies, and a deep understanding of how applications and services are best built and operated on the AWS platform. In addition, you will lead and mentor a team of highly talented Solutions Engineers, helping them to set and surpass their own goals.
The ideal candidate will…
- Enjoy working with financial services technologists and partners. You will have a passion for educating, training, designing, and building cloud computing systems for a diverse and challenging set of customers and partners.
- Have a strong understanding of large scale cloud computing solutions. The ideal candidate will have past experience working in a technical management role and prior experience as an architect and systems or software engineer. You will enjoy keeping your existing technical skills fresh and developing new ones, to the point that you can not only contribute to but lead deep architecture discussions around systems and applications in the cloud.
- Have great management skills. You will hire and lead a team of Solutions Engineers, who will also support product delivery and uptime, and must have great people management, mentoring, and hiring skills. You will assess the strengths of your team members, guide them in setting, achieving, and surpassing their goals, and help them develop professionally to the next level of excellence. You will do all that while yourself maintaining an active personal engagement in the same kind of work, at the same high level, that you expect from your team.
- You will have the technical and customer-facing skills that will allow you to be the technical "face" of S&P Global's DTI division within our solution providers' ecosystem/environment as well as directly to end customers. You will be able to drive discussions with senior technical and management personnel within customers and partners, as well as having the technical background that enables you to interact with and give guidance to software developers, IT professionals, and system architects.
The ideal candidate will also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges. Finally, and of critical importance, the candidate will be an excellent technical team manager, someone who knows how to hire, develop, and retain high quality technical talent.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering or related technical discipline
- A strong career history in software design and development and/or IT and networking implementation/consulting experience in relevant markets
- Experience of technical management in a customer-facing organization, including rapidly scaling a team and evolving organizational design
- Strong verbal and written communications skills, as well as the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations
- Executive speaking and presentation skills including formal presentations, white boarding, large and small group presentations
- Patience and ability to train and mentor System Administrators to become full time Cloud Solutions Engineers
- Highly technical and analytical, possessing software design and development and/or IT and networking implementation/consulting experience in relevant markets
- Experience working within software development is highly desired
- Working knowledge of software development and engineering practices as well as Internet/web and SOA/web services technologies is highly desired
- Web services development/deployment experience, IT systems and network engineering experience, security and compliance experience, software engineering experience, etc.
- Operational experience with website/web services as well as traditional IT operations, management, and security experience
- Cost-benefit analysis experience
- AWS Solutions Architect Professional Certification desired
To all recruitment agencies: S&P Global does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward such resumes to any S&P Global employee, office location or website. S&P Global will not be responsible for any fees related to such resumes.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.