( relevant for internal applicants only ): 9 Locations: Virginia(Richmond, Charlottesville), Colorado. The Team:
Each of our employees plays a vital role-uncovering the essential intelligence that our clients rely on day in and day out to make the decisions that matter. We provide intelligence that is essential for companies, governments and individuals to make decisions with conviction. Our team develops Business intelligence solutions for internal clients using the Microsoft BI stack, AWS EMR and Redshift, Google Analytics, Google BigQuery and Tableau. We have a very energetic and intelligent group of individuals that love what they do. We are looking for someone that shares the same excitement and ideals. The Impact:
BI Developer responsibilities will include complex design and development tasks using MS SQL, SSIS, SSAS, AWS EMR and Redshift and Google BigQuery, maintaining and enhancing development standards and providing continued support to build new reports/dashboards and refine reports based on stakeholder feedback using Tableau. What's in it for you:
- Candidate will have the opportunity to work with a highly skilled team.
- You will be able to learn and/or further develop skills such as SQL, SSIS, SSAS, MDX and Cloud Computing.
- You will be a contributor in developing next generation BI solutions that involves AWS Cloud, Google Analytics, Google BigQuery and Tableau.
- This position provides a tremendous opportunity to grow personally and professionally.
- This is the place to learn and enhance your development skills while having the chance to work on enterprise level products and new technologies.
- We invest in the right technology and people, so we can turn raw data into actionable insights.
What We're Looking For: Qualifications:
- Follow Agile best practices and adheres to the SAFe framework.
- Provide technical knowledge/expertise to support the requirements definition, design, and development of data warehouse components, specifically Extract-Transform-Load or Extract-Load-Transform technologies.
- Research, design, develop, and modify the ETL and related database functions, implementing changes/enhancements to the system.
- Design ETL processes and develop source to destination data mappings, Data Synchronization tasks, and load processes to build solid Cloud and On-Prem Hybrid data warehouse designs to support Tableau reporting.
- Design and implement minor schema modifications to the existing SSAS cubes.
- Work with technology counterparts to ensure that data solution will meet the needs for BI reporting.
- Facilitate report design and build for Tableau reports and dashboards.
- Ability to solve complex production and non-production issues in On-Prem and Cloud environments.
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science (or a related field) or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years of experience with SQL, SSIS, SSAS and SQL Project deployment.
- 2+ years of experience working with, designing, and implementing solutions in data warehouse and business intelligence solutions in a production environment
- 2+ years of experience working with a leading Cloud solution such as AWS Cloud or Google Cloud
- Solid understanding of core schemas and data structures, including the ability to design and implement ETL and ELT data pipelines
- Strong understanding of relational databases and proficiency with SQL
- Experience with languages such as Python, Java, Scala, R
- Experience with Cloud based data warehouse is a plus, such as Redshift and BigQuery, etc.
- Experience in Tableau including visualizations, building calculated fields and dashboard creation is a plus
- Skilled in various reporting tools/mechanisms as well as a quick aptitude for learning new tools.
- Critical thinker willing to question solutions and strive for excellence in delivery.
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to clearly and concisely present issues and ideas.
- Passionate about using data to drive business decisions.
S&P Global states that the anticipated base salary range for this position is $46,200 to $129,200 . Base salary ranges may vary by geographic location.
In addition to base compensation, this role is eligible for an annual incentive plan.
This role is eligible to receive additional S&P Global benefits. For more information on the benefits we provide to our employees, visit https://www.spgbenefitessentials.com/newhires .
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important-some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
S&P Global Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/marketintelligence.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com
and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), IFTECH202.1 - Middle Professional Tier I (EEO Job Group), SWP Priority - Ratings - (Strategic Workforce Planning) Job ID:
261792 Posted On:
Richmond, Virginia, United States