Automation Associate - Python Programmer
Automation Associate I Position Grade:
Centennial, CO Impact/Team :
The Automation Associate I in the Data Operations & Engineering group works to collect and manage market fundamental datasets related to the energy industry through a variety of processes that combine analytical and technical skills. This role is responsible for the data collection, content verification, quality control and relevant analysis to support Platts content and products. Industry knowledge, combined with analytical acumen, is applied to independently identify and resolve data integrity issues on a daily basis. Compensation/Benefits Information (US Applicants Only):
S&P Global states that the anticipated base salary range for this position is $46,200 - $129,200. Base salary ranges may vary by geographic location.
In addition to base compensation, this role is eligible for an annual incentive bonus/a sales commission plan.
This role is eligible to receive additional S&P Global benefits. For more information on the benefits we provide to our employees, visit https://www.spgbenefitessentials.com/newhires . 2. Principal Accountabilities / Duties / Responsibilites
3. Other Required Accountabilities :
- Accountable for ensuring timely and accurate collection and databased storage. This includes hands on coding, ensuring data collected is proofed to source, handling daily exceptions (changes to source data, process errors, verifying suspect data), applying industry best practices, and tracking to operational metrics.
- Accountable for analyzing new assignments, developing scripts and tests to validate data, handling change requests and providing quick and efficient solutions to data sourcing issues.
- Responsible for creating requirements, metadata, backup procedures, and process documentation, and overall management of dataset addition process.
- Works with technology, Quantitative, and Editorial teams to ensure that content is delivered on-time, regardless of system issues, and that the format and structure supports the business need.
- Is responsible for following up on exceptions and outliers associated with specific datasets. This may include via industry contacts, 3rd party verification, additional research, and modeling or related analyses.
- Maintains ongoing metrics on data quality, time management, and cost monitoring associated to be used across all Information Intelligence Services group.
4. Quantitative Dimensions (Required):
- Completes one-time data pulls from database as requested.
- Writes data queries for internal use as required.
- Reads industry publications and performs own research to create innovative solutions to improve productivity and scalability
5. Knowledge / Experience / Education / Training / Skills (Essential and Preferred):
- Collection of core datasets & contribution to proprietary datasets
- Responsible for timely collection, quality control and delivery of data in order to meet stated specifications and revenue requirements.
- Promote cost-effective collection methods and source location
- Regular review of available sources in terms of quality, timeliness, and cost for optimal cost/revenue analysis.
Preferred Skills : OPTIONAL
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Information Systems, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or other technical discipline
- Python or IronPython development experience or experience creating scripts for automated data collecting
- Demonstrated experience in working with users to test, debug and document systems
- Experience with relational database: preferably SQL Server 2008R2 or 2012
- Experience in working with large datasets
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Complex problem-solving aptitude
- MS Office 2010 or 2016, Outlook and Excel
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Enthusiastic/self-motivated with ability to work under pressure either independently or in a team environment
- Ability to use organizational/time management skills to prioritize workload
- Experience with data warehousing architecture and concepts
S&P Global Platts
- Experience with Oracle database/SQL/PostGreSQL
- Expertise in the energy industry
- Flexible approach to cover colleagues' work when needed
- Perl scripting experience
- iMacros, Selenium, Git
At S&P Global Platts, we provide the insights; you make better informed trading and business decisions with confidence. We're the leading independent provider of information and benchmark prices for the commodities and energy markets. Customers in over 150 countries look to our expertise in news, pricing and analytics to deliver greater transparency and efficiency to markets. S&P Global Platts coverage includes oil and gas, power, petrochemicals, metals, agriculture and shipping.
S&P Global Platts is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.platts.com.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, sex, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
DTMGOP202.1 - Middle Professional Tier I (EEO Job Group) Job ID:
253833 Posted On:
Centennial, Colorado, United States