Associate Director: US Public Finance - Housing
S&P Global is the world's foremost provider of financial market intelligence, including independent credit ratings, indices, risk evaluation, investment research and data. With roughly 20,000 employees, including wholly owned affiliates, located in 21 countries, S&P Global is an essential part of the world's financial infrastructure and has played a leading role for more than 150 years in providing investors with the independent benchmarks they need to feel more confident about their investment and financial decisions. The Housing team in US Public Finance has an Associate Director opening and is looking to fill it as soon as possible. The Team / The Business
The Housing team consists of analysts that are responsible for a portfolio of more than 750 ratings associated with housing finance agencies, public housing authorities, and community development finance institutions, along with analysis of capital fund financings and federally-enhanced housing issues across the country. As an Associate Director you would be expected to manage a complex portfolio of credits, participate in market research and thought leadership efforts, and mentor junior analysts. A lot of the work is completed independently, but every rating involves a team of analysts, so teamwork is very important. The position allows you to gain and demonstrate exceptional depth and breadth of knowledge in the national housing market. If you have a passion for research, financial analysis and healthcare, you'd love this opportunity. Key Responsibilities:
As an Associate Director, you will analyze a portfolio of housing entities including their respective business and financial profiles. This includes analyzing complex situations, business strategies, economic indicators, management and governance, historical and projected financial information as well as difficult deal-specific analytical situations. This position is responsible for meeting with issuers, bankers and investors on analytical matters, assisting in resolving client needs, contributing to media requirements in conjunction with other senior members of the organization, and taking the lead at external meetings related to credits. Specifically, in this role, the analyst will:
- Act as the primary analyst for complex housing credit analyses. This will include being an active, vocal voting member of the committee who makes recommendations to the rating committee and prepares material for ratings publication.
- Function as a sector resource on credits. Publish timely industry commentaries, and proficiently write sector reviews and thought leadership pieces. Develop and lead ideas on papers across a broad range of issues for publication in S&P journals and other publications.
- Speak publically and represent the company at external industry events.
- Ensure a risk aware culture including leading by example.
- Have the opportunity to increase our ability to efficiently and effectively serve our clients.
The role is a mid-level analytical position, with significant growth opportunities. Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree is required, Master's degree a plus.
- 5+ years of experience related to Public Finance, or the Housing sector is highly preferred.
- The candidate should possess critical thinking skills and be inquisitive.
- The candidate should have the aptitude to be a team player, but also be able to work independently.
- The candidate must have: strong verbal communication and writing skills; analytical and problem-solving skills; excellent time management and ability to stay organized, meet deadlines, and multitask; the ability to think independently and critically; and the ability to mentor others.
: Chicago or Centennial or New York or San Francisco or Dallas Compensation/Benefits Information (US Applicants Only):
S&P Global states that the anticipated base salary range for this position is $82,600 to $230,200. Base salary ranges may vary by geographic location.
In addition to base compensation, this role is eligible for an annual incentive plan. This role is not eligible for additional compensation such as an annual incentive bonus or sales commission plan.
This role is eligible to receive additional S&P Global benefits. For more information on the benefits we provide to our employees, visit https://www.spgbenefitessentials.com/newhires . This role is limited to persons with indefinite right to work in the United States. About Company Statement: S&P Global Ratings
S&P Global Ratings is the world's leading provider of independent credit ratings. Our ratings are essential to driving growth, providing transparency, and helping educate market participants so they can make decisions with confidence. We have more than 1 million credit ratings outstanding on government, corporate, financial sector and structured finance entities and securities. We offer an independent view of the market built on a unique combination of broad perspective and local insight. We provide our opinions and research about relative credit risk; market participants gain independent information to help support the growth of transparent, liquid debt markets worldwide.
S&P Global Ratings is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies, and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/ratings
S&P Global has a Securities Disclosure and Trading Policy ("the Policy") that seeks to mitigate conflicts of interest by monitoring and placing restrictions on personal securities holding and trading. The Policy is designed to promote compliance with global regulations. In some Divisions, pursuant to the Policy's requirements, candidates at S&P Global may be asked to disclose securities holdings. Some roles may include a trading prohibition and remediation of positions when there is an effective or potential conflict of interest. Employment at S&P Global is contingent upon compliance with the Policy.
202 - Middle Professional (EEO Job Group) (inactive), 20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), RATNGS202.2 - Middle Professional Tier II (EEO Job Group) Job ID:
264422 Posted On:
New York, New York, United States