Portfolio Management Analyst, Private Equity Services
The Global Fund Banking Portfolio Management Analyst is responsible for maintaining credit reporting and analysis for a portfolio of Venture Capital and Private Equity fund clients . T he Analyst will coordinate with Associates and VPs to ensure timely, accurate, and ad-hoc reports for portfolio review, covenant /reporting compliance, past due and maturing loans. The Analyst will also be responsible for the timely and accurate processing of all client loan fundings and payment requests for the division. In addition to the division-wide perspective, the role also provides regular opportunity to work with each Fund Banking sales team to gain insight and experience in managing on going client relationships.
The Global Fund Banking Portfolio Management Analyst role provides an entry level opportunity where the candidate will have broad perspective across the division along with regula r interaction across all the Fund Banking sales teams, Fund Banking operations, as well as multip le groups throughout SVB. The Fund Banking group is the largest division within SVB, is growing rapidly, and is slated for continuing growth based on planned product enhancements and launches planned over the next 12 months .
- The Analyst will coordinate with Associates and VPs to ensure timely, accurate, and ad-hoc reports for portfolio review, track covenant/reporting compliance, past due and maturing loans.
- The Analyst will also be responsible for the timely and accurate processing of all client loan funding and payment requests for the division.
- The Analyst also oversees deal team monitoring of financial covenants as well as past due and maturing loans. Additionally, in time, the Analyst will be well positioned to provide support the Underwriting and Portfolio Management Team with ongoing credit actions/confirmations, financial and credit analysis, and portfolio management.
- Assist in credit research requests, including quarterly projects and other one-off projects / data gathering efforts for Credit
- The candidate will possess strong organization and analytical skills, a good understanding of database systems, and advanced excel knowledge.
- Ability to work independently, assess the role and duties proactively and prioritize
- Work across multiple mediums (email, phone, in person) w
- Work collaboratively with cross functional teams (IT, deal teams, credit, operations) as well as Fund Banking leadership.
- Strong communication skills.
Required Education and Experience: Bachelor degree required.
Preferred Education and Experience: 0-2 years work experience.