Technology Group Director
What we do:
We design, develop, and host data-rich, full-featured, high-traffic web and mobile applications for financial institutions, brokerages, and media clients. Markit Digital Development teams use their passion for programming and problem-solving to produce feature-rich applications that deliver value for our customers.
With a dedication to continual improvement, our team members challenge themselves each day to expand their knowledge base and produce solutions that are maintainable, extensible, and elegant. We take great pride in our work, share our expertise and ideas to achieve common goals, and aspire to learn more. Our products benefit millions of users across the world and are designed from the ground up to deliver content efficiently and effectively. We have adopted an Agile Development Methodology, and are committed to continually improving within this model. What you'll do:
As a results-oriented Technology Executive Director, you are responsible for leading several delivery teams comprised of cross functional individuals to successfully deliver a variety of projects for our end customers.
How you'll do it:
- Serve as line manager, mentor, and coach for the management and individual contributor leaders for your group, indirectly supporting the success and growth of all the technology team members assigned to you
- Drive continual improvements in the delivery process, overall product quality, and innovation
- Oversee group staffing, ensuring that the correct skill sets and personalities are represented in order to maximize team effectiveness
- Demonstrate team value to the business through both the definition and measurement of quarterly objectives.
- Collaborate with Client Success partners and technical team members to ensure projects are well planned and team is positioned for success
- Drive adherence and advancement of the organizational standards, culture and initiatives
- Participate as an active and driving member of the Technology Senior Leaders team.
Skills and Experience:
- Attract and Develop Agile Talent
- Align Teams to Business Outcomes
- Measure team Health, Maturity, Performance
- Provide active coaching to advance individual towards their career goals
- Facilitate Professional Development
- Engage with and proactively manage client relationships
What We Offer
- Relevant professional experience or a Bachelors degree in IT
- Demonstrated success managing a large agile group
- Ability to build strong bonds with employees to foster open, honest and candid communication
- Exceptional client and executive communications and strategy development
- Competitive base salary, bonus plans and equity.
- A comprehensive, benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision and life insurance plans, paid time off, a generous 401k match with no vesting period, parental leave and 3 volunteering days each year. For more information on benefits, please access the benefits page on our careers site: https://careers.ihsmarkit.com/benefits.php.
- For work locations in the state of Colorado, the anticipated minimum base salary for this role would be $136,000. Compensation will be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, and abilities of the applicant.
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here .
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.