Strategy and Growth Associate
S&P Global is a dynamic organization, bringing some of the brightest minds from all over the world together. At Markit Digital, we deliver impactful, real-world analytics and financial intelligence to individual investors, wealth managers, and capital markets professionals. Position Summary
The Strategy and Growth team coordinates and aligns strategy across Markit Digital, using objective performance-based analysis and financial expertise to drive growth. Our team is centered around three pillars: 1) Financial Expertise, 2) Strategic Insights, 3) M&A and Partnerships.
As a Strategy and Growth Senior Associate, you will help Markit Digital identify and drive toward its long-term growth plan by researching and identifying:
Duties & Accountabilities
- Industry and persona trends
- Strategic investment funding opportunities
- Competitor trends
- Emerging technology insights
- Build vs buy vs partner opportunities
- Perform research necessary to build, support, or challenge business strategy for large-scale initiatives and to investigate and/or resolve outstanding questions
- Partner with project sponsors, team members, and internal customers to achieve milestones, establish and track key metrics, and update stakeholders of program status
- Develop and evaluate business and financial models as necessary to understand and prioritize risks and opportunities
- Provide internal stakeholders with critical status updates and on-going performance tracking
- Three to five years of applicable experience, preferably in a finance, investment banking or consulting
- Strong Excel skills preferred, including financial modeling. Programming skills a plus.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team under tight deadlines.
- Knowledge of global markets, including equities, fixed income, derivatives, currencies, and/or alternative asset classes
- Strong interest in FinTech and providing investors with the best digital, financial experience in the industry.
Compensation/Benefits Information (US Applicants Only):
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Critical thinking and creative problem solving.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work cooperatively with cross-functional teams.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills.
- Demonstrated leadership, integrity, and initiative.
- Demonstrated command of written communication and strong business writing skills.
S&P Global states that the anticipated base salary range for this position is $85k - $125k . Base salary ranges may vary by geographic location.
In addition to base compensation, this role is eligible for an annual incentive plan. This role is not eligible for additional compensation such as an annual incentive bonus or sales commission plan.
This role is eligible to receive additional S&P Global benefits. For more information on the benefits we provide to our employees, visit https://www.spgbenefitessentials.com/newhires .
S&P Global delivers essential intelligence that powers decision making. We provide the world's leading organizations with the right data, connected technologies and expertise they need to move ahead. As part of our team, you'll help solve complex challenges that equip businesses, governments and individuals with the knowledge to adapt to a changing economic landscape.
S&P Global Market Intelligence partners with customers to broaden their perspective and operate with confidence by bringing them leading data sources and technologies that embed insight in their daily work.
----------------------------------------------- Equal Opportunity Employer:
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com
and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person. US Candidates Only:
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.