Software Asset Manager
: Our team is a small tight knit group of dedicated Software asset analysts that are responsible for entitlements, allocations, audits, and software request fulfillments. With most of the team in India and our team lead in Denver, we're looking to add you to our dynamic group in the U.S. The Impact
: This role will contribute to the business by assisting the team and divisions through license compliance, reporting, documentation, SAM workflow, software lifecycle identification, and remediation efforts to aid S&P meet security, financial, software audits, and regulatory requirements. Compensation/Benefits Information (US Applicants Only):
S&P Global states that the anticipated base salary range for this position is $67,600 - $190,100. Base salary ranges may vary by geographic location.
In addition to base compensation, this role is eligible for an annual incentive bonus/a sales commission plan.
This role is eligible to receive additional S&P Global benefits. For more information on the benefits we provide to our employees, visit https://www.spgbenefitessentials.com/newhires . What's in it for you
: You'll use your experience and knowledge of SAM and ServiceNow SAMP to aid the team maturation and growth in this critical discipline. This role provides the opportunity to help shape our SAM practice in a highly visible environment as you help implement and support best practices and policies while joining a dedicated and hard-working team. Your efforts will directly contribute to our goal of reduction of risk and spend. Software Asset Manager SUMMARY:
S&P Global is currently seeking a Software Asset Manager who will be responsible for the daily account of Software information in ServiceNow including the discovery of software deployed and the contract data. This includes the ability to be able to interpret complex licensing agreements of various types and translate the terms and conditions into technical data requirements in the Asset Management solution. The scope includes the entire enterprise and processes necessary for the effective management, control, and protection of the software.
This position partners with other IT department leads to reconcile measured software deployments to license and maintenance entitlements, and ensure all accounting, regulatory, corporate and legal requirements are met and followed for IT software assets. RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage and support the complete SAM and Software Application Lifecycle - interfacing SAM tools and processes with other tools (Service Now)
- Interface with the Divisional teams to advise on application usage and deployment as well as reclamation opportunities
- Manage the application licensing administration processes jointly with the Procurement team
- Develop enterprise workflows for application requests and packaging requests
- Develop reporting to reflect specific department costs for Software use
- Mitigate financial and/or legal risks associated to vendor compliance, identify potential cost savings opportunities relating to software and support, and help improve our negotiating position with vendors.
- Lead the implementation of audit readiness processes to ensure we are managing license compliance risks.
- Oversee the documentation of all Software management processes.
S&P Global Corporate
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or Business Management
- A minimum of 1 year experience with ServiceNow SAM Pro
- CSAM & CITAM Certficiations
- A minimum of 4 years of experience in IT software asset management
- Track record delivering extended projects that span 9 months - 2 years
- Experience working in a global company working with team members around the globe
- Experience managing software audits
- Good interpersonal skills, including collaboration, communication, relationship building, and negotiation
- Strong written and verbal communication
At S&P Global, we don't give you intelligence-we give you essential intelligence. The essential intelligence you need to make decisions with conviction. We're the world's foremost provider of credit ratings, benchmarks and analytics in the global capital and commodity markets. Our divisions include S&P Global Ratings, S&P Global Market Intelligence, S&P Dow Jones Indices and S&P Global Platts. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, sex, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), IFTECH202.2 - Middle Professional Tier II (EEO Job Group) Job ID:
259098 Posted On:
Boulder, Colorado, United States