Senior Specialist, Quantitative Analysis
Sr. Specialist, Quantitative Analysis The Role:
Platts Analytics is seeking an Energy Technician, Data Quality Team. This Entry Level position has the daily responsibility of analyzing commodity data and creation of market relevant analysis. The analyst will be responsible for supporting and working with the Analytics team in the creation of actionable intelligence for our clients to make informed trading/risk management and investment decisions. Grade
( relevant for internal applicants only ): 9 The Location:
Denver, London The Impact:
The analyst will collect economic, fundamental and financial information specific to a commodity market or organization, will conduct market sector or statistical analysis and will interpret key market data elements into useful business information. They will look to leverage their educational knowledge when performing analysis on data sets that will require knowledge of Excel and basic SQL. What's in it for you:
This person would be placed on a challenging, steep learning curve in terms of not only becoming a subject matter expert in power, but also in competing/complementary markets, such as Natural gas, LNG natural gas liquids and petrochemicals. This position could lead to continued growth within the organization by demonstrating strong analysis and presentation abilities. The Team:
You are part of a global team. Fast paced, with ever expanding new ways of delivering important content and analytics to our readers. Our Hiring Manager says:
I'm looking for someone who is naturally curious about energy markets. If you're right for this role, you'll be inquisitive, conscientious, an effective problem solver and communicator. You'll love this job because you'll be in a dynamic environment where market-moving changes occur every day, surrounded by high-energy individuals who are enthusiastic about covering markets, spotting key trends and reporting about those trends to our curious customers. Compensation/Benefits Information (US Applicants Only):
S&P Global states that the anticipated base salary range for this position is $46,200 to $129,200. Base salary ranges may vary by geographic location. Responsibilities:
- Collects economic and financial information specific to a commodity market or organization, conducts market sector or statistical analysis and interprets key market data elements into useful business information.
- Leverages broad scope of knowledge when performing analysis on data sets.
- Performs high level analysis and modeling. May develop quantitative/analytic models. Supports data needs as well as quality assurance of accurate data in outgoing products.
- Conducts research including identifying data, data input, and statistical analysis of results and creates and maintains data, rate of return analysis and reports.
- Prepares presentations and engages directly with clients to present or demonstrate products related to data.
- Responds to client requests/inquiries for data and analysis.
About S&P Global Platt s
- BA/BS in Mathematics, Economics, Finance, Engineering, Business, and/or related field of study preferred. Equivalent experience within their discipline also considered.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and the use of pivot tables. SQL, Python, Power BI, R and Matlab experience.
- 0-2 years' of experience in natural gas/oil/energy industry
- Persistent with a natural curiosity about energy market fundamentals and technical details. Good grasp of the natural gas pipeline grid and its dynamics.
- Displays well-rounded communication skills that implement good listening techniques, clear and good verbal skills. The ability to communicate across a wide range of groups and personalities internally and externally.
- Works well in a team environment, focusing on collaboration and adapting to the needs of a diverse team. Has subject matter expertise in one market
- Displays good numeracy including ability to conceptualize proportional relationships; understand the basic principles of algebra and statistics; as well as a basic understanding of how to apply basic math functions in Excel. A basic understanding of economics principles is also required.
- Adept at managing multiple tasks and adhering to regular deadlines. Able to adjust priorities.
At S&P Global Platts, we provide the insights; you make better informed trading and business decisions with conviction. We're the leading independent provider of information and benchmark prices for the commodities and energy markets. Customers in over 150 countries look to our expertise in news, pricing and analytics to deliver greater transparency and efficiency to markets. S&P Global Platts coverage includes oil and gas, power, petrochemicals, metals, agriculture and shipping.
S&P Global Platts is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. Careers.spglobal.com For more information, visit www.platts.com
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com
and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), ANLYTC202.1 - Middle Professional Tier I (EEO Job Group) Job ID:
261293 Posted On:
Boulder, Colorado, United States