LEAD, Site Reliability Engineering
Segment : S&P Global Market Intelligence The Role :
Senior Infrastructure Engineer-SRE The Location :
CO, VA, NJ, NY, Virtual Grade :
11A About S&P Global Market Intelligence product
S&P Global Market Intelligence encompasses a powerful suite of cross-asset analytics, integrated desktop services, securities valuations and investment research and recommendations across a wide spectrum of the world's major markets. Its unique intellectual property delivers a breadth and depth of solutions that supports clients in their work to generate alpha, identify new trading and investment ideas, and perform risk analysis and mitigation strategies.
Realtime Content that runs on MI Dashboard of the S&P Global Market Intelligence Platform. The dashboard provides real-time market data from over 200+ exchanges of different asset classes. This is an extremely visible role as the Dashboard is the home page of MI platform. The Team
: You will be joining highly talented core team of Site Reliability Engineers at S&P Global Market Intelligence Realtime Content delivery platform Team. The Impact
The team has an outstanding opportunity to advocate and participate in building services that are resilient, optimally monitored, alerted and self-healed by applying software reliability engineering practices to deliver world class Realtime Content around the globe. What's in it for you
- You'll design & develop solutions that are highly available, scalable, fault tolerant, reliability, selfheal and maintain tools to automate operational processes of the firms Realtime Content System.
- Provide engineering solutions for operations problems, develop smart detection capable of predicting system stress & auto correct through metrics analysis and remediation strategies.
- Build single pane view dashboard that provides quality insight into systems health in terms of overall health, transaction, latency, throughput, load and reliability score.
- Proactively plan, scale, improve by driving capacity planning, instrumentation and performance analysis to meet the product goals, SLA & SLO.
- Build a career with a global company
- Support systems that fuels the global financial markets
- Grow and improve your skills by working on enterprise level products and new technologies
Compensation and Benefits Information:
- Work as part of operations engineering group to provide SRE function to the MI Realtime Content Dashboard suite.
- Work closely with product owners, technology partners to understand existing systems and support them
- Troubleshoot and resolve complex production issues within defined SLA.
S&P Global states that the anticipated base salary range for this position is $67,600 - $190,100. Base salary ranges may vary by geographic location.
In addition to base compensation, this role is eligible for an annual incentive bonus.
This role is eligible to receive additional S&P Global benefits. For more information on the benefits we provide to our employees, visit
https://www.spgbenefitessentials.com/newhires What we're looking for: Basic Qualifications:
- 7+ years system & solutions engineering, software development, or system operations background with 3+ years work experience working as a Systems Engineer, DevOps and/or SRE Roles.
- Experience automating infrastructure, testing, and deployments using tools like Terraform, CFT with Jenkins, Ansible, CircleCI & other industry recognized tools to deliver Infrastructure as Code
- Experience troubleshooting networking protocols such as TCP/IP, HTTPS/TLS/Websockets, Multicast and Broadcast messaging
- Experience with scalable networking technologies, including Linux, software-defined networking, network virtualization, open protocols, App acceleration, Load Balancers, DNS, virtual private networks and their application in PaaS and IaaS technologies.
- Experience in cloud infrastructure, storage, platforms and data.
- Experience with containers, such as with Kubernetes, ContainerD, Docker or any OCI runtimes.
- Certified Cloud Professional (AWS Solutions Architects, DevOps, System)
- Experience with Unix/Linux operating systems internals (e.g., filesystems, system calls), and with networking (e.g., routing, ESDN) or cloud systems.
- Experience in Performance tuning OS (Linux & Wintel), JVM, .NetCore VM.
- Experience in design service APIs using APIGateways, create, develop and integrate infrastructure, OpenShift, Service Mesh etc.
- Experience with 2 or more scripting languages such as python, perl, unix shell, powershell, awk etc...
- Experience with a variety of open-source databases (MySQL, Postgres, Redis, Cassandra, Couchbase, Oracle Coherence, etc.)
- Experience with Messaging
- Experience with DevOps engineering or SRE
- Experience with monitoring and observability such as with Datadog, AppDynamics, SolrWinds, New Relic, and Nagios
- Experience using source control (Git, GitHub) and feature branching strategies
About S&P Global Market Intelligence :
- Great attitude to learn, respect for fellow employees, think out of the box, respectfully challenge ideas & hungry for innovation.
- Good Leadership skills capable of leading a team.
- Good communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive.
- Have a software-centric mindset and capable of understanding the full software stack - and beyond.
- Embrace automation over manual effort
- Experience debugging complex problems and view problems as an opportunity to improve
- Experience designing, building, and operating large-scale production systems
- Experience working in enterprise scale internal or customer centric projects to completion, architecting technical solutions, and working closely with development & engineering teams.
- Provide attention to detail to design, problems, kpi's, demonstrate ability to stay focused during critical production events and champion resolutions.
- Be able to gel in with companies' culture and effectively collaborate with other technology & business stake holders.
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important-some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
S&P Global Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/marketintelligence
20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), IFTECH202.2 - Middle Professional Tier II (EEO Job Group) Job ID:
260947 Posted On:
Boulder, Colorado, United States