Engineer III, Software Development, Application Operations
Software Engineer III
Grade - 10, for internal use only The Team:
The current team is composed off highly skilled SRE engineers who constantly work on automation and enhance the reliability of the applications. They work on continual improvement and work with colleagues in different domains to collaborate dynamic solutions. The Impact:
This role on a SRE will build and run reliable production systems in cloud environments. The SRE is responsible for availability, latency, performance, efficiency, change management, monitoring, emergency response and capacity planning. This role is important to the firm as it has a huge application portfolio to manage and ensure 99.9% uptime. What's in it for you:
S&P Global is an employee friendly company with various benefits and with primary focus on skill development. The technology division has a wide variety of yearly goals that help the employee train and certify in niche technologies like:
AI/ML Transformation of application to FaaS and CaaS CI/CD/CD gold transformation Blockchain technologies Data Fabric opportunities Develop leadership skills and business knowledge training Compensation/Benefits Information:
S&P Global states that the anticipated base salary range for this position is 62,200 - 129,000. Base salary ranges may vary by geographic location.
This role is eligible to receive S&P Global benefits. For more information on the benefits we provide to our employees, visit https://www.spgbenefitessentials.com/newhires . US Only
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Part of a production support SRE group that helps triage and troubleshoot application related issues for critical business applications.
- Design, build and support infrastructure running on AWS
- Develop or enhance Ansible code to automate the infrastructure management
- Work with infrastructure team to triage Major Incidents. Infrastructure for applications that run on AWS.
- Work with/support business users to understand issues, develop root cause analysis and work with the product team for the development of enhancements/fixes.
- Become an integral part of a high performing global network of engineers/developers working from Colorado, New York, London, Singapore and India to help ensure 24x7 reliability for critical business applications.
- As part of a global team of engineers/developers, deliver continuous high reliability to our technology services.
- Support deployment and patching activities for applications.
- Strong focus towards developing permanent fixes to issues and heavy automation of manual tasks.
- Provide technical guidance to junior level resources.
- Works on analyzing/researching alternative solutions and developing/implementing recommendations accordingly.
- 3-5 years of IT Experience
- 3-5 years agile application development and support experience
- 3-5 years of experience as a Site Reliability Engineer or similar role
- Computer Science or related degree
- Hands on experience in Java and or .NET, Oracle, Unix/Linux, Windows server
- Hands on experience in Web Services (mainly REST), MQs, Tomcat, Apache, WebLogic, IIS
- Strong working experience with AWS Cloud technologies
- Strong working experience with Ansible
- Working experience with DevOps tools, majorly with Maven/GIT/Jenkins/Ansible/ Python/ Terraform
- Knowledge in shell, python or power shell scripting
- Knowledge in Kubernetes
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Experience in maintaining focus and driving results in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- A strong background interfacing with multiple groups; ability to coordinate effectively, multi-task and manage pressure.
- Proven ability to work using different styles as needed to accommodate the situations encountered.
- Experience in assessing change impacts and the development of task estimates.
- Strong analytic, problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Cloud certifications
- Flexibility to work in shifts, including occasional weekend rotation
- Experience working in a Production Support team
- Bachelors' degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or Engineering is required, or in lieu, a demonstrated equivalence in work experience.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com
and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
From https://careers.spglobal.com/ShowJob/Id/2618177/Business-Analyst/ >
20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), IFTECH202.1 - Middle Professional Tier I (EEO Job Group), SWP Priority - Ratings - (Strategic Workforce Planning) Job ID:
252147 Posted On:
Boulder, Colorado, United States