Client Services\Customer Care Support Principal
Position open for a Subject Matter Expert for Maritime. The role will be customer facing and will require the ability to understand the data and its applications, problem solving at a technical level, involving various customer IT platforms, where the technical issues may arise. The role will be working with IHS Markit data and liaising between a variety of internal provider groups to ensure continuous client access. It will also be required to work with various IHS Markit teams to develop and enhance products and processes to address customer issues and better meet customer requirements. General Job Duties
- Providing expert assistance to the Industry Solutions and Sales teams on datasets to support customer orders
- Creating and delivering bespoke data extracts and creating scheduled jobs
- Create a product specification attachment for the contract which details records, frequency and format
- Arranging bespoke data extracts including legacy jobs, liasing with other teams as necessary
- Support the Industry Solutions and Sales teams with understanding what data customers do not have and what they could potentially take to try and uplift accounts.
- Provide expert advice and guidance to the global Industry Solutions and Sales teams and also clients about what constitutes the service and what we can do to migrate them to a more modern service offering.
- Ensuring customers are made aware of any data changes and amending data linkages where issues arise
Specific Job Duties
- Providing expert advice on pre-sales process to the global Industry Solutions and Sales teams
- Maintain a knowledge of market trends to ensure that clients requirements around bespoke data solutions are understood and new opportunities maximised.
- Work with other key stakeholders within the Data and PD&D teams to ensure that the Production systems are upgraded and keep in line with maritime sector needs. In addition work with Product Managers alongside key data developments to ensure that new datasets and services are made available through the Production systems
- Develop and provide expertise and skills in handling Movements data and enhancing the output in graphical/spatial terms.
Knowledge and Experience Required
- Co-ordinate the migration of legacy production jobs, providing expert advice to clients, preparing new specifications and arranging test data sets
- 2 years minimum experience in the maritime industry
- Must have a good knowledge of IHS Markit databases and data fields
- Sales or customer service ability, in particular handling of customers and relationship building
- Proficient using Microsoft Office Suite applications
- Problem-solving: ability to work within a team environment and to approach problem solving in a creative manner.
- Personal Style: intuitive, inquisitive, self-motivated
- Organisation: ability to work in partnership with other Departments and with clients
- Operational responsibility: willing to accept responsibility for tasks and decisions; proactive; customer focussed; flexible; good organisational skills; ability to work under pressure and meet targets and deadlines.
- Communication: willingness to network internally and externally; good documenting skills.
- Development: demonstrate an interest in developing and acquiring new skills.
IHS Markit is committed to providing equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the laws and regulations in any of our locations.
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Statement Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.