VP or SVP of Business Development - Tech & VC Banking - Denver
- USD150000.00 - USD200000.00 per year
- Aurora, CO, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Michael Page International - US
- 20 Mar 19
High performing national business bank seeks high caliber Relationship Managers to continue to support their growing national presence in Denver, CO
With more than $ 20B in assets, the Bank is one of the country's highest performing banks. They are on a sound financial footing and have experienced impressive growth in recent years. In addition, they are ranked highly by Forbes as one of the best banks to work for in the USA. This role is for the Business Banking division within their operations. Their sector coverage broad but mainly technology, life sciences, hospitality, nonprofit, natural resources, renewables and financial services.
As a VP/ SVP you are responsible for making sure that client's needs are met, and always being on the lookout for how we can do things better. Analyzing financial data to make sure that the client is within their covenants and identifying when a conversation needs to take place. Main duties and responsibilities will include the following:
- Source prospects and develop new customer relationships
- Analyze credit-worthiness, structure and negotiate loan transactions, prepare loan proposals, and present credits to the loan committee for approval
- With assistance of credit analysts, prepare credit write-ups which are complete and adhere to Bank standards
- Maintain an effective calling program on customers, prospects and referral sources
- Identify cross-sell opportunities and make appropriate referrals
- Complete understanding of internal Bank departments/process in order to complete banking functions
- Accept special projects in support of the team and community involvement.
We are looking for experienced VP/ SVP Relationship Managers who do things differently, who will go the extra mile to make sure our clients have the best chance of succeeding. Our ideal banker is someone who wants to be more than just a banker. They want to be a valued partner to some of the most innovative businesses in the country. We provide uniquely flexible financing solutions to companies in a wide variety lines of business.
Submit your resume to for consideration within 48 hours.
In return for a competitive benefits package, will possess the following:
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university
- 8+ years of related experience and/or training.
- Work related experience must consist of a basic lending background including negotiating, underwriting and coordinating the closing of a variety of major and complex consumer, residential, equipment, and business loans; relationship development, experience in the financial services industry.
- Educational experience, through in-house training sessions, formal school or financial industry related curriculum, should be business or financial industry related.
- Knowledge of related state and federal banking compliance regulations, and other Bank operational policies.
- Knowledge and experience in financial statement and tax return analysis typically resulting from a combination of education in accounting, financial and/or credit analysis or related areas.
- Intermediate knowledge of Bank lending procedures, Bank policies and procedures, and the Bank's products and services.
- Extensive knowledge in all facets of relationship management.
- Exceptional analytical skills.
- Ability to work in, or be relocated to Denver, CO
- Extremely competitive base salary
- 25% commission on all new business generated
- Performance related bonus scheme
- Sign on bonus
- 75% match on 401K contributions
- 16 week maternity leave
- There is not an extensive amount of travel in this role, with the exception of local travel to clients.