About Cathay Bank
More than half a century ago, we opened our doors at Cathay Bank to serve the growing Chinese American community in Los Angeles. We helped our customers put down new roots with cars and homes, and we supported their businesses, which continue to sustain generations. We remain committed to enriching the journeys of our customers and the diverse communities we serve.
Over time, weve expanded along with our customers. Today, were a subsidiary of Cathay General Bancorp (NASDAQ: CATY), a publicly held bank holding company. We operate in nine states across the United States, including California, New York, Illinois, Washington, Texas, Maryland,Massachusetts, Nevada, and New Jersey, and we have outposts in Hong Kong, Beijing, Shanghai and Taipei. Forbes named us the #10 Best Bank in America in 2019. Along with our extensive experience and innovative thinking, we bring an open mind to every interaction and a willingness to work with customers and communities in ways that best suit their needs. Our lines of business include personal banking, home mortgages, business banking, corporate lending, cash management, SBA loan programs, community lending, international banking, foreign exchange, and wealth management.
Are you passionate about a potential career in the financial services industry? Cathay Bank is excited about whats to come for our company and customers. Our employees are the reason our customers can get where they want to go and aspire to whats next. If you bring your best self to work, see opportunities instead of obstacles, and always want to advance in your career, then Cathay Bank may be a great fit for you. Were excited to offer our employees opportunities to grow and develop in their
career journey. We also provide the resources, support and freedom so that employees can best deliver an extraordinary customer experience. Join Cathay Bankand be energized by whats possible for your career!
Relationship Manager (RM) is able to handle both client-facing business development responsibilities as well as portfolio management responsibilities. This positions function is to identify and bring new loan clients and be able to manage an existing portfolio assigned to them.
1. Identify and bring new clients to the Bank. The RM has a specific new loan commitment/outstanding goal set by their Team Manager every year.
2. RM is to negotiate and structure the primary terms of the loan with the client; circulate concept memo if needed prior to issuance of term sheet/LOI.
3. Work with designated underwriter, loan assistants and other loan support staff to prepare the Credit Commitment Report (CCR) for new loans, renewals, amendments and annual reviews.
4. Present each CCR to the requisite approval authority levels. The finished CCR is the work product of a team but the RM is ultimately responsible for the content.
5. Review loan documents, either internally prepared or by outside counsel, to ensure accuracy.
6. Work with loan assistants and loan support staff to ensure all necessary items needed for the closing of the loan is in process and well-managed; RM is to manage the client experience of this process.
7. Portfolio management functions include monitoring and managing the credit quality of the assigned loan portfolio.
8. Review to ensure each credit is properly risk rated based on the Banks risk rating system.
Reviews clients accounts and portfolios in order to identify, evaluate and determine the appropriate course of action on potential credit quality issues in order to maximize credit quality and minimize risk and potential loss to the Bank.
9. Ensure compliance with Bank, regulatory and credit requirements with emphasis on best-in-class customer service while adhering to required timeframes from the client.
10. Assist with mentoring and coaching junior officers and loan staff.
Cathay Bank may collect personal information from potential job candidates and applicants. For more information on how we handle personal information and your applicable rights, please review our .
Cathay Bank is an equal opportunity employer. It is the Banks policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Cathay Bank endeavors to make accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact, Lori Burquez, VP, Sr. Employee Relations Manager, at (626) 279-3666 or . This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
Click here to view the EEO is the Law poster in English.
Click here to view the EEO is the Law supplement in English.
Clic aquí para ver la EEO es la Ley póster en español.
Clic aquí para ver la EEO es la Ley suplemento en español.