External Wholesaler, Life Products
- Walnut Creek, CA, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- New York Life Insurance Company
- 19 Feb 18 2018-02-19
External Wholesaler, Life Products
New York Life Insurance Company ("New York Life" or "the company") is the largest mutual life insurance company in the United States*. Founded in 1845, New York Life is headquartered in New York City, maintains offices in all fifty states, and owns Seguros Monterrey New York Life in Mexico.
New York Life is one of the most financially strong and highly capitalized insurers in the business. The company reported 2016 operating earnings of $1.954 billion. Total assets under management at year end 2016, with affiliates, totaled $538 billion. As of year-end 2016, New York Life's surplus was $23.336 billion**. New York Life holds the highest possible financial strength ratings currently awarded to any life insurer from all four of the major ratings agencies: A.M. Best, A++; Fitch AAA; Moody's Aaa; Standard & Poor's AA+. (Source: Individual Third Party Ratings Report as of 8/17/16).
Financial strength, integrity and humanity-the values upon which New York Life was founded-have guided the company's decisions and actions for over 170 years.
Role Overview :
The Life Product Consultant (LPC) is responsible for achieving and exceeding the assigned territory (Pacific Zone) and individual General Office's life sales objectives. LPCs deliver sales concepts, product information, and provide technical guidance to New York Life agents in an effort to drive life insurance sales. Critical functions of the role include:
- Work closely with agents who are part of a captive agency sales force to develop and maintain strong business relationships.
- Develop a strong command of New York Life's life insurance products and sales processes.
- Provide case development and design support.
- Introduce new product enhancements to field management and agents with particular emphasis on individual and business needs, markets and tax issues of life products.
- Deliver sales presentations to both agents and clients.
- Provide sales support and product information through individual face to face meetings as well as large group sessions.
- Proactively work with management.
- Bachelor's Degree
- The candidate must be a motivated and energetic individual with the ability to drive his/her objectives relatively autonomously.
- Approximately 5 years of wholesaling experience in Life products.
- A broad and comprehensive knowledge of the Life Insurance business, an understanding of the sales process and the dynamics of selling life products.
- Industry recognized designations such as CLU, CHFC, CFP are highly desirable.
- Excellent communication skills are essential.
- Ability to build and maintain strong business relationships.
- Life license, Series 6 or Series 7 and Series 63 registrations.
- Understanding of advanced markets a plus.
If you have difficulty using or interacting with any portions of this Web site due to incompatibility with an Assistive Technology, if you need the information in an alternative format, or if you have suggestions on how we can make this site more accessible, please contact us at: (212) 576-5811.
* Based on revenue as reported by "Fortune 500, ranked within Industries, Insurance: Life, Health (Mutual)," Fortune Magazine, June 17, 2016. See http://fortune.com/fortune500/ for methodology.
** Total surplus, which includes the Asset Valuation Reserve, is one of the key indicators of the company's long-term financial strength and stability and is presented on a consolidated basis of the company.
1. Operating earnings is the key measure use by management to track Company's profitability from ongoing operations and underlying profitability of the business. This indicator is based on generally accepted accounting principles in the US (GAAP), with certain adjustments Company believes to be appropriate as a measurement approach (non GAAP), primarily the removal of gains or losses on investments and related adjustments.
2. Assets under management represent Consolidated Domestic and International insurance Company Statutory assets (cash and invested assets and separate account assets) and third party assets principally managed by New York Life Investment management Holdings LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of New York Life Insurance Company.