Senior Bookkeeper About the team
Who We Are
Eide Bailly is one of the top 25 CPA and business advisory firms in the nation. We have over 40 offices in 14 states across the Midwest and western United States and offer our staff and Partners the opportunity to serve a variety of industries. Founded in 1917, our culture is the foundation of who we are, and we pride ourselves on supporting our employees to help them achieve their goals and pursue their interests both in the office and at home. At Eide Bailly we are passionate about the clients we serve, the work we do, and most importantly, having fun while we do it!
Our Business Outsourcing & Strategy practice includes a suite of outsourced and management advisory services for small to mid-sized businesses. We work with companies to ensure that they not only have accurate financial data, but that they understand and comprehend its content and why it's meaningful to their organization. Learn more at: .
Why You'll Love Working Here
At Eide Bailly we believe respect is how to treat everyone, not just those you want to impress. Our culture focuses on collaboration to achieve career growth. Innovation is highly encouraged, which is where programs like our EB Xchange originate. This program allows interested tax and audit employees to complete a rotation into a specialty area. We promote happy employees by making work/life balance a priority along with being actively involved in our communities. Our dedication to service can be seen through the Firm's decision to match charitable donations made by employees, as well as providing opportunities to volunteer throughout the year. Most importantly, we like to have fun! We offer a professional and fun work environment with frequent lunch and learns, socials, contests, outings and other events.
Job you will do
Typical Day in the Life
A typical day as an Senior Bookkeeping Associate in Tustin, CA in our Healthcare Services Division might include the following:
- Work closely with assigned clients in the healthcare industry to assess general accounting needs.
- Prepare reports, returns and other documents as required, including sales and use tax reports, payroll tax reports, year-end tax forms, monthly/quarterly/annual financial statements and other reports required by clients.
- Administer and process payroll for clients, including updating payroll systems with new and terminated employee information, pay rates and deductions; collecting, reviewing and verifying time sheets; processing and completing the payroll cycle; direct deposit input; preparing payroll tax deposits and other payroll reports as required; and issuing W2s.
- Prepare and distribute 1099, 1098, 1096 and other related tax forms.
- Complete the month-end close process including month-end balancing and journal entries in addition to providing an analysis of GL accounts.
- Oversee a client's books, which may involve:
- Bank and credit card account management -- recording and coding transactions, monthly reconciliation and entering of loan and line of credit activity.
- Revenue cycle management -- recording of payments and deposits, etc.
- Expense cycle management -- recording and paying vendor invoices, recording transactions, monthly reconciliations, etc.
- Prepare Compiled and Prep-Only financial statements.
- Assist with year-end tax projections.
- Provide backup support as needed to other accounting services personnel and their clients.
Who You Are
- You live and breathe client service - you love building relationships, working with clients and providing innovative solutions to problems.
- You have the ability to demonstrate an understanding of core accounting concepts.
- You are detail-oriented and incredibly accurate.
- You are a multi-tasking master, and there has never been a deadline you could not meet.
- You excel in project management and take pride in meeting deadlines.
- You love working on a team and helping others as well as learning from them.
- You have knowledge of and exposure to a variety of industries.
- QuickBooks Desktop and QuickBooks online advanced experience required
- Bill.com bill pay - experience a plus
- Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook must be proficient
- You hold yourself to the highest professional standards and maintain strict client confidentiality.
- In addition to all of this, you have an Associate's degree in Accounting and/or 2-4 years of experience in payroll and bookkeeping.
Must be authorized to work in the United States permanently without the requirement of sponsorship at any point in the future.
What to Expect Next
We'll be in touch! If you look like the right fit for our position, one of our recruiters will be reaching out to schedule a phone interview with you to learn more about your career interests and goals. In the meantime, we encourage you to check us out on , , , or our page.