- South San Francisco, CA, USA
- Temporary, Part time
Software Developer SF Portal Internship
Location: South San Francisco, CA, USAIn this role you will be a member of the Moody's Analytics' team creating and supporting some of the industry's leading software solutions for the structured finance industry. You will be involved in all aspects of SDLC, working directly with key business stakeholders to build and support key SAV applications.
Typical Responsibilities include:
• Brainstorm, design and develop an enterprise software product.
• Design and implement re-usable software components.
• Ensure the product is highly configurable and extensible.
• Work collaboratively with a core team of architects and developers spread across different locations.
• Get involved in full-stack development.
• Research and build POCs using available frameworks to ensure feasibility.
• Create technical design documents and present the details to a larger audience.
• Participate in architecture and design reviews for projects that require complex technical solutions.
• Develop reusable frameworks/components and POCs to accelerate development on projects.
• Perform gap analysis and provide business solutions.
You will be part of the SF Portal Team.
Sophomore and Junior standing pursuing Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, IT, Software Engineer, Software Development
- CSS precompilers like Sass and LESS
- MongoDB or Spark,
- HDFS, MapReduce
- Efficient DOM manipulation.
- Professional, precise communication skills
- Creating self-contained, reusable, and testable modules and components
- AngularJS , Express JS, Node JS, SQL Server, MongoDB
- Promises / callbacks
- Knowldege about Highcharts is plus
- Writing cross-browser compatible code
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.6 billion in 2016, employs approximately 10,700 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.