Associate Financial Engineer
- Reverse engineer Structure Finance transactions in our Moody's proprietary cashflow engines
- Model cash flow waterfalls based on indentures and legal documentation
- Update and validate collateral for Structured Finance transactions
- Work with proprietary datasets and data developers to maintain and improve data quality, consistency and breadth, with a specific focus toward extending our derived data
- Assist senior members of the team in maintaining and improving data and modelling processes.
- Analyze complex financial fixed-income instruments.
- Aid in the implementation, customization and use of analytic solutions.
- Some travel is required.
- Undergraduate/first-level degree (e.g., Bachelor's) or graduate/second-level degree (e.g. MBA, Master's) with an emphasis in financial engineering, computer science, engineering, math, finance, economics, or a related quantitative field preferred.
- Solid quantitative skills and analytical problem solving ability required.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills with the confidence to interact with top financial professionals.
- Demonstrated initiative, enthusiasm and ability to learn quickly and excel as part of a dynamic team.
- Attention to detail and ability to work and learn independently.
- Proficient in writing macros using Microsoft Excel VBA.
- Proficient in writing SQL queries for data analysis and extraction.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email email@example.com.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.