Accounting Manager/Senior GL Accountant
- South San Francisco, CA, USA South San Francisco CA US
- Permanent, Full time
- Tricida, Inc.
- 12 Mar 18 2018-03-12
Tricida is seeking a hands-on, collaborative Accounting Manager/Senior General Ledger Accountant to be an integral part of our Finance Team. Your prior experience in fast-paced companies, particularly startup and smaller organizations, will be critical to succeed in our dynamic, changing environment. In addition, you should thrive on challenge and be flexible with changing priorities and be adept with multi-tasking.
Tricida, Inc. is a privately-held, clinical stage, biopharmaceutical company focused on the discovery and development of non-absorbed therapies. Tricida’s lead investigational drug candidate, TRC101, represents a first-in-class approach to the treatment of metabolic acidosis, a common complication of chronic kidney disease (CKD) that can result in increased mortality, accelerated progression of kidney disease, progressive muscle breakdown and exacerbation of bone disease. Tricida is led by a management team with an accomplished and proven track record in discovering and developing new therapeutics, with extensive experience in building successful companies around strong science and unmet medical needs. The Company is backed by world-class venture capital firms. We are expanding our existing group of exceptionally talented and motivated professionals.
- Complete monthly close activities on a timely basis - including preparing journal entries, reconciling General ledger, Bank Reconciliations and other accounts.
- Project Accounting: track and audit project expenses while ensuring all details are properly categorized and captured in the financial system accordingly.
- Maintain contract summaries with accruals at month end close.
- Documentation of projects and filings.
- Assist in audit preparations with schedules and supporting documentation.
- Draft Narratives and SOX processes for General Ledger.
- Prepare property taxes.
- Maintain strong internal system controls.
- Collect Contractor information and help prepare DE 542 Contractor Forms.
- Enter transactions and journals in NetSuite
- Analyze Use Tax and determine accruals
- Perform other ad hoc duties, as assigned.
Experience and Skills:
- B.A. or B.S. in Accounting.
- 5-10 years of experience in General Ledger Prepaids, Accruals, Project Tracking.
- Solid knowledge of General Ledger: Prepaids, Fixed Assets, Accruals, Liabilities, Equity and others.
- Outstanding attention to detail, accuracy and systematic with classifications.
- Outstanding analytical and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of NetSuite and MS Office applications, especially Excel.
- Strong communication skills.
- Biotech/Clinical/Manufacturing experience a plus.
- Ability to work independently, multi-task and manage time effectively in a fast-paced team environment.
Competitive Compensation and Benefits include: Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverages, Life, AD&D, Disability, 401(k), Flexible Spending Plan, and Pre-IPO stock. 15 vacation days per year and 11 paid holidays per year, which includes 1 floating holiday.
Tricida is located in South San Francisco, CA.