Analyst, Aperio Junior Operations Analyst
Description About this role About Aperio:
At Aperio (part of BlackRock), our strategies are designed to put our clients' and their clients' interests at the center of our investment advice; to minimize costs and taxes; and to incorporate each client's unique environmental, social, and governance (ESG) preferences. We are a purposefully growing quantitative/index-tracking investment management business specializing in managing customized equity portfolios tax efficiently.
At Aperio, we work hard and move quickly as a well-coordinated, collaborative team whose exceptional people are focused on providing extraordinary client service. If you are looking for an opportunity to grow and contribute in a fun, industry-disruptive, fast-paced environment, Aperio is the place for you. About this Role:
We are adding to our staff and are looking for a Junior Operations Analyst who is bright, articulate, and has a sense of humor. This is an entry-level position and an excellent opportunity for someone interested in gaining experience in the finance industry. Ideal candidates will have excellent problem-solving skills, a high degree of attention to detail, and excellent organizational skills. This is a great opportunity to work for a growing investment management firm. Interested candidates must provide a cover letter and résumé. Key Responsibilities:
- Download and archive custodial statements for all accounts monthly
- Review incoming faxes and mailings daily
- Process proxy voting for accounts through manual ballots or online as needed
- Respond to and process corporate action notifications across all Aperio managed accounts via email, fax, and various custodial websites
- Reply to diverse external and internal requests in a timely and professional manner
- Work on miscellaneous projects (billing, performance, and investment operations departments) to streamline operations, automate processes, and reduce errors
- Participate in projects to enhance the client experience
- Effectively document and maintain processes
- Other duties as assigned
- BA/BS required
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Outstanding problem-solving and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills
- Ability to work independently and in a small group environment; a collaborative attitude is a must
- Advanced Microsoft Office capabilities
- A high degree of integrity with the ability to handle confidential matters
- Capacity to work in a fast-paced environment
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
We recruit, hire, train, promote, pay, and administer all personnel actions without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including assumptions about a person's appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, ancestry, medical condition, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law. We interpret these protected statuses broadly to include both the actual status and also any perceptions and assumptions made regarding these statuses.BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.