Analyst, Aperio Client Operations Analyst
Description About this role About Aperio
At Aperio (part of BlackRock), our strategies are designed to put our clients' and their clients' interests at the center of our investment advice; to minimize costs and taxes; and to incorporate each client's unique environmental, social, and governance (ESG) preferences. We are a purposefully growing quantitative/index-tracking investment management business specializing in managing customized equity portfolios tax efficiently.
At Aperio, we work hard and move quickly as a well-coordinated, collaborative team whose exceptional people are focused on providing extraordinary client service. If you are looking for an opportunity to grow and contribute in a fun, industry-disruptive, fast-paced environment, Aperio is the place for you. About This Role
We are looking for a highly organized and enthusiastic Client Operations Analyst to support our Sausalito-based Client Operations team.
As a Client Operations Analyst, you will assist the broader client operations team in handling daily activities, including basic account onboarding, monitoring the group's email inbox to either assign the request to the appropriate group within Aperio or directly respond to requests, and handling varied administrative functions. You will also act as a liaison between the client operations team and various Aperio functions including business development, trading, portfolio management, operations, billing, performance reporting, and process engineering.
The ideal candidate must enjoy working with clients, have exceptional organizational skills, have an interest in the financial markets, and be capable of prioritizing multiple tasks.
Our headquarters is in Sausalito, California, only one block from the beautiful harbor. It's a short, 20-minute drive from much of San Francisco. Remote working opportunity will be considered for the right candidate in Atlanta, Georgia, Princeton, or San Francisco. If not local, when travel is permitted, team members are expected to visit the office on a periodic basis for training and to work with the core onsite team. Key Responsibilities:
- As assigned, facilitate the onboarding of new accounts by working closely with the intermediary, custodian, and internal teams (business development, portfolio management, investment operations, etc.) to ensure a timely account opening process with shown knowledge and understanding of related compliance and operational areas.
- As assigned, support the onboarding of new intermediaries and platforms; account transitions including custodian changes, name changes, tax ID changes, account splits/consolidations, etc.; and contract reviews.
- Communicate with custodians, intermediaries, consultants, and brokers to resolve issues and respond to various requests in a timely and professional manner.
- Act as a liaison between the client operations team and various Aperio functions including business development, trading, portfolio management, operations, billing, performance reporting, and process engineering.
- Research and respond to client inquiries promptly; raise issues, as appropriate.
- Oversee client interactions-act as a bridge between the client and the rest of Aperio; introduce technology and services to clients, as appropriate.
- Collaborate with fellow team members to provide exceptional service for existing and prospective clients.
- Generate new account paperwork including the setup of new contacts for online access to the Client Portal.
- Effectively document and maintain/evolve processes and participate in projects to enhance the client experience, streamline operations, automate processes, reduce errors, and support the firm's growth.
- Prioritize QA (quality assurance), yours and the work of teammates, to minimize potential errors.
- Generate standardized client reports (e.g., inflow/outflow reports).
- Update addresses and contact information in Salesforce, as needed.
- Work to become a subject matter expert on a wide range of client issues and internal processes as they relate to client operations processes.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Business, or a related field preferred, or high school diploma with the equivalent combination of experience.
- Minimum six-plus months as an intern in the finance field or one-plus years' minimum experience in a client service or operational role.
- The ability to work independently under minimal direct supervision, with exceptional problem-solving proficiency.
- Background in or understanding of financial markets including knowledge of current market trends and the competitive landscape.
- A desire to understand Aperio's structure and find opportunities to utilize Aperio resources to meet client needs.
- Demonstrated strong work ethic and a willingness to do what it takes to solve complex problems and/or resolve complex client requests.
- Strong organizational skills to manage data, projects, and processes.
- The ability to utilize considerable tact and discretion when dealing with client and sensitive data.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills to work with clients, prospects, custodians, and colleagues.
- Excellent communication (both verbal and written) and client relationship management skills-whether the interaction is in person, over the telephone, or via email.
- Ability and desire to work in a fast-paced environment that can be unstructured; a proven capacity to handle pressure, multitask, and prioritize work at all times.
- Excellent attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy and consistency.
- Outstanding knowledge of Microsoft Office with strong Microsoft Excel skills.
- Experience with custodial websites, CRM client database (Salesforce), and APX portfolio management system a plus.
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
We recruit, hire, train, promote, pay, and administer all personnel actions without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including assumptions about a person's appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, ancestry, medical condition, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law. We interpret these protected statuses broadly to include both the actual status and also any perceptions and assumptions made regarding these statuses.BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.