Technical Business Analyst
Advancing global markets
starts with great people.
Join the largest (and only) exchange operator in the Fortune 500.
"Our people, who are our greatest
asset, make what we do possible."
- Jeffrey Sprecher, CEO
Help transform markets anywhere around the globe.
☰ Technical Business Analyst - Fixed Income 📅 20000469 Requisition # 📅 2 days ago Post Date Apply for Job Share this Job Sign Up for Job Alerts Job Purpose
ICE Data Analytics, LLC (a subsidiary of Intercontinental Exchange, Inc.) is looking for a Business Analyst to be part of the technology organization based in our Santa Monica office. The Business Analyst will collaborate with cross-functional ICE Data Analytics Products, Engineering, Data Operations, Quantitative and QA teams to perform analysis for development of tools and reports as they relate to the Fixed Income Analytics in order to achieve key management objectives. The Business Analyst analyzes users' business needs for to develop effective and creative solutions within time constraints using but not limited to SQL, Visio and Programming technologies. Further, the Business Analyst provides documentation and testing on projects with moderate supervision. Responsibilities
Knowledge and Experience
- Prior experience in business analysis and worked as a liaison between Business and Technology teams as part of the SDLC process
- Experience working within an integrated technology environment using relational databases, end-points/APIs and UIs to read and analyze data. Comfortable with documenting business and system requirements including documentation of comprehensive use-cases and working within iterative software development environment. Most importantly, being an integral part of the technology organization
- Elicit, analyze, communicate and validate requirements for business processes from users
- Capture and document current business workflow and recommend improvements and efficiencies
- Serve as a subject matter expect for development regarding evaluation workflow and understanding of fixed income and equity securities
- Production support of legacy and new tools to troubleshoot issues and answer user questions
- Formulate testing strategies and assist users and developers in testing of key deliverables
- Masters degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Science, Mathematics, Finance, Business Administration (M.B.A), or a related discipline
- 2 years of experience in managing financials for the security master and related data - such as Reference Data, Market Data etc. - familiarity with system architecture, data flow and work flow supporting the security master (recommended)
- Experience in maintaining data, defining operational processes, and partnering across departments
- Experience working with product managers and developers to gather, document, present requirements and create workflows to support product development and data content enhancement
- Solid knowledge of bond data - US Corporates (Investment Grade and High Yield), Global Bonds, Mortgage Backed Securities, Treasury Bonds etc
- Utilizing bond math to perform advanced Fixed Income calculations; extreme accuracy with numerical calculations (recommended)
- Working with MS products including Visio, Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Strong SQL skills and knowledge of a programming language such as C++, R, Python, Visual Basic, PL/SQL
- Strong analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- General technical background required (understanding of principals and key practices in the areas of application programming, database and system design)
Intercontinental Exchange, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or ancestry, age, disability or veteran status, or other protected status. Additional Information
- Job Type: Standard
- Schedule: Full-time
Previous Job Searches
Create and manage profiles for future opportunities.
Track your opportunities.
United States, CA, Santa Monica
Requisition #: 20000216
© Intercontinental Exchange. All rights reserved. Follow Us: 0 0