Foreign Exchange Advisor, Southern California
Our Foreign Exchange Sales Specialist is responsible for delivering a full range of foreign exchange products to private and public corporate clients in Southern California.
- Work closely with Relationship Managers and related product groups to determine FX and International needs and to ensure continuous account penetration and customer satisfaction.
- Responsible for generating new business and enhancing existing client relationships through a consultative sales approach combined with excellent negotiation and presentation skills. Also responsible for cross selling other international banking products to clients.
- Maintains a thorough, in depth knowledge of the Bank's FX products and services, while keeping up to date with market news and events.
- Monitors trends and developments and recommends solutions that can enhance customer relationships, reduce customers' FX risk, generate income for the Bank, and retain and improve the Bank's competitive position in the market.
- Provides training to Relationship Managers and other Product Specialists in Foreign Exchange products to generate sales referrals.
- 5+ years of relevant foreign exchange markets, products and advisory experience.
- Significant experience in sales and business development with a proven track record in developing complex client relationships.
- Must be a self-starter with demonstrated ability to take initiative and work independently.
- Foreign exchange sales and risk advisory experience is essential. Experience working with a range of companies, from small private to large public, is preferred.
- Basic understanding of the accounting and financial statement implications of non-functional currency exposures to include a working knowledge of ASC 815/830 is preferred. Experience applying these concepts to identify foreign exchange exposures and implement effective balance sheet and cash flow hedge strategies for corporate clients.
- Experience working with FinTech related companies to include implementing complex payment, automation and API solutions is desirable.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver outstanding advisory value while maintaining bank profitability and revenue targets.
- Strong cross-functional team skills.
- Serves as an international resource to the bank with the ability to assist and train others.
- Project management and client relationship management skills are essential
- Working knowledge of international treasury is preferred.
- Solid risk management, negotiating and closing skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to deal with both internal and external clients.
- Advanced PC skills including Excel, Bloomberg and Reuters.