Assistant Operations Manager
Assistant Branch Operations Manager (Teller Processing) - Santa Fe Springs, CA
Santa Fe Springs, CA, USA
Responsible for assisting the Branch Operations Manager in achieving branch goals and overall business success. Provide direction, leadership and motivation to ensure that the office team achieves service, and operational goals. Responsible for insuring the security and accountability of all cash and negotiable items.
- Directly supervises teller staff. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the bank’s policies. Assists with completing Performance Partnership reviews of tellers. Assists with training, planning, assigning and disciplining of employees in the Department.
- Plans and schedules the daily workflow in order to meet deadlines.
- Resolves research inquiries/complaints and situations in a positive professional and efficient manner.
- Perform department certifications and audits
- Department security, prepare shipments, and ensure department cash limit is maintained
- Approve Remote and Mobile Deposits received daily within established limits.
- Approves teller transactions within established guidelines.
- Monitors teller’s performance relative to losses, differences. When appropriate, coaches for improved performance.
- Participates in the opening and closing of the department.
- Assist Couriers when they arrive to the Center with courier bags
- Conducts regular staff meetings to insure compliance with all Bank policies and procedures.
- Review and callback daily reports.
- Achieve satisfactory audit ratings.
- Monitor Expenses.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 2 to 3 years of recent experience working in a commercial bank as a Supervisor
- Thorough knowledge of bank operations including Teller, New Accounts, and Customer Service
- Basic knowledge of computer applications and the equipment used in the assigned area
- Good organizational and problem solving skills
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs
- Must be able to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
- Be a team player as well as an effective team leader
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage and multiple tasks/projects and deadlines simultaneously