Technical Program Manager
Technical Program Manager
Requisition #: 48883
Practice Area: Advisory
Location: San Francisco, CA; Santa Clara, CA
Known for being a great place to work and build a career, KPMG provides audit, tax and advisory services for organizations in today's most important industries. Our growth is driven by delivering real results for our clients. It's also enabled by our culture, which encourages individual development, embraces an inclusive environment, rewards innovative excellence and supports our communities. With qualities like those, it's no wonder we're consistently ranked among the best companies to work for by Fortune Magazine, Consulting Magazine, Working Mother Magazine, Diversity Inc. and others. If you're as passionate about your future as we are, join our team.
KPMG is currently seeking a Technical Program Manager in Transformation Delivery for our practice.
- Lead and support business development activities, including identification, proposal development, and other pursuit activities
- Support delivery of advisory services to clients, primarily with services related to technical project management in data center architecture, capacity planning, design and build outs including architecting, designing and program management of active and passive data center components utilizing multi-vendor devices, virtualization technologies, and data/business intelligence platforms for data center management
- Manage engagements according to KPMG's financial/cost Management policies
- Develop, define, and deliver advisory methodologies for technical project management of IT infrastructure
- Oversee and mentor junior advisory staff; adhere to professional practice requirements
- Manage small to medium sized team delivering large business transformation projects
- A minimum of seven years of experience as a network, systems or DevOps engineer with experience running and capacity planning a datacenter network over global physical locations including servers and storage
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university
- Prior experience managing or optimizing IT networks which include both bare-metal and virtualized computer hardware, NAS and Block storage and multi-vendor network devices (CSCO, JNPR)
- Experience with cross functional teams for consolidated budgeting/financial planning including CapEx/OpEx modeling, depreciation forecasting, managing software licensing and maintenance agreements
- Knowledge with modeling/programming/forecasting experience in the area of data analysis using Python, R, Excel, SPSS or SAS; experience with the following technologies business intelligence environments, server virtualization platforms or shared storage deployment preferred
- Strong analytical, performance testing, and solutions integration skills
- Travel may be up to 80-100%
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States without the need for visa sponsorship now or in the future
KPMG LLP (the U.S. member firm of KPMG International) offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer. KPMG complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. The contains further information regarding the firm's compliance with federal, state and local recruitment and hiring laws. No phone calls or agencies please.