Senior Manager, Value Added Tax
Requisition #: 46852
Practice Area: Tax
Location: San Francisco, CA; Santa Clara, CA
At KPMG, we are reimagining tax with you in mind. Become an integral part of a dynamic team within a collaborative, future forward environment at one of the world's top tax firms. Be surrounded by deep tax knowledge and equipped with the latest in cutting-edge tax technologies. And join an extensive network of functional, industry, legislative and technical specialists with access to our Ignition Centers, where technology innovation accelerates. We welcome people with a passion for tax, a spirit for new thinking, and a commitment to providing outstanding client service today, and tomorrow.
KPMG is currently seeking a Senior Manager to join our practice.
- Provide excellent client facing service to multi-national, United States headquartered companies with global indirect tax issues, including conducting transaction analysis, supply chain reviews, assisting with business expansions, advising on mergers and acquisitions and managing complex global projects
- Develop responses to client proposal requests regarding global indirect taxes
- Prepare Value Added Tax (VAT) training presentations aimed at external and internal audiences
- Identify, document, and recommend client business requirements for implementing VAT/sales and use tax compliance processes and system improvements
- Develop and manage new and existing client and internal relationships
- Develop and mentor junior and new staff
- A minimum of seven years of experience working on global indirect advisory projects, including experience of managing complex global projects
- Bachelor's degree in business, accounting, or a related field of study from an accredited college/university; licensed CPA, J.D., LL.M., MST (Masters in Taxation), IIT VAT Compliance Diploma, CA, CTA, AITI, or Certified Member of the Institute for Professionals in Taxation (CMI) designation or similar (Please note that any candidate hired by KPMG into this position that doesn't currently possess one of the aforementioned credentials/designations will be required to secure one within one year from the commencement of employment)
- Experience of advising on, and/or implementing, systems projects whether ERP or tax engines
- Strong technical awareness of global indirect tax issues; understanding of key indirect tax processes and data drivers and proficiency in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Visio, or process mapping software
- Self-motivated, ability to generate and plan work effort and manage project schedules/priorities with clear written and verbal communications and ability to travel for thirty percent of the time
- Ability to develop and maintain existing internal and client relationships and help to build new relationships with key local office targets
KPMG LLP (the U.S. member firm of KPMG International) offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer. KPMG complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. The contains further information regarding the firm's compliance with federal, state and local recruitment and hiring laws. No phone calls or agencies please.