Senior Associate, Value Added Tax
Requisition #: 46851
Practice Area: Tax
Location: San Francisco, CA; Santa Clara, CA
At KPMG, we are reimagining tax with you in mind. Become an integral part of a dynamic team within a collaborative, future forward environment at one of the world's top tax firms. Be surrounded by deep tax knowledge and equipped with the latest in cutting-edge tax technologies. And join an extensive network of functional, industry, legislative and technical specialists with access to our Ignition Centers, where technology innovation accelerates. We welcome people with a passion for tax, a spirit for new thinking, and a commitment to providing outstanding client service today, and tomorrow.
KPMG is currently seeking a Senior Associate to join our practice.
- Provide excellent client facing service to multi-national, United States headquartered companies with global indirect tax issues, including working as part of a team conducting transaction analysis, supply chain reviews, assisting with business expansions, advising on mergers and acquisitions and managing less complex global projects
- Supporting senior staff to develop responses to client proposal requests regarding global indirect taxes
- Assist with the preparation of Value Added Tax (VAT) training presentations aimed at external and internal audiences
- Identify, document, and recommend client business requirements for implementing VAT/sales and use tax compliance processes and system improvements
- Support new staff
- A minimum of two years of experience working on global indirect tax projects including working with indirect tax advisors in multiple countries
- Bachelor's degree in business, accounting, or a related course of study from an accredited college/university: additional qualifications will be required before promotion to manager
- Strong skills in indirect tax information systems, including strong project management skills and the ability to analyze client business needs
- Possess a broad industry background including retail, financial services, manufacturing and telecommunications; hands-on experience with various business development activities and tax software
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Visio, or process mapping software
- Self-motivated with the ability to generate and plan work effort and manage project schedules and priorities with clear written and verbal communication skills; ability to travel thirty percent of the time
KPMG LLP (the U.S. member firm of KPMG International) offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer. KPMG complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. The contains further information regarding the firm's compliance with federal, state and local recruitment and hiring laws. No phone calls or agencies please.