Sr. Software Engineer
Silicon Valley Bank serves some of the most innovative companies in the world. Our clients are forward thinkers. True believers. Optimists. Game-changers. · Join us as we build the bank of the future . Come and work on problems that need to be correct 100% of the time. · Work with other top engineers in an open and collaborative environment. · We're the premier bank in Silicon Valley, and have the best benefits to match. Take a senior role in the Global Digital banking development team & provide technical leadership on strategic projects. Primary Responsibilities: . Design and develop technical solutions that meet user needs with respect to functionality, performance, scalability and reliability. . Provide development leadership (Architecture, Design, Development) for medium to large sized projects and maintenance on our client facing online and mobile banking systems. . Contribute to and drive department best practices, guidelines implementation and adhering to standards. . Experience building and maintaining large software platforms. · Empathy with developers. Innate desire to create a superlative developer experience down to the last detail. · Deep love of building elegant, maintainable, well-documented, secure code. . Abstracting and refactoring should be a passion, not a chore. · Drive to learn new things and go above and beyond the call of duty. · Always working to improve yourself and constructively support the team around you. Qualifications Skills & Requirements:
Must have technical lead experience for medium to large sized projects.
• Ability to influence the architecture and design
• Demonstrated expertise developing rich and responsive web applications
• Experience and exposure developing mobile applications (browser based, hybrid or native)
• Knowledge of effective UI testing frameworks
• Strong Understanding of UX principles and best practices
• Demonstrated experience utilizing CI/CD (Continuous Integration & Delivery) techniques.
• Hands-on development expertise in J2EE & Enterprise Technologies: JMS, JDBC, Web development, Transactions, WS-*, JVM, JSP, Servlets, EJB, JNDI, JMX, JTA.
• Hands on development experience with XML technologies: XSLT, XPATH, DOM, SAX, JAXP, XSD, XQuery Namespaces and XML parsers and tools.
•.Experience and passion for developing secure web applications
• Implementation experience of software design patterns and best practices applicable to J2EE.
• Preferred to have implementation experience of online banking platforms based on industry leading platforms.
• Strong understanding of SOA concepts. Preferred to have development exposure to Enterprise integration and SOA technologies.
• Experience with implementing SSO and security protocols like SAML2.0, OAuth2.0 etc.
• Knowledge and experience with RDBMSs (Oracle or MS SQL Server).
• Prior experience with regulated financial organization is a plus.
Experience with Test Driven Development and Agile Methodologies in both a co-located and a distributed team environment is a plus.