Sr. Compliance Manager
This is a position in the Corporate Compliance Department reporting directly to the Senior Director of Corporate Compliance Programs & Oversight. The Corporate Compliance Department is responsible for managing SVBFG's enterprise compliance risk management program. SVBFG is a financial holding company; its primary subsidiary is SVB, a bank with global branches, and a broker-dealer and investment advisory subsidiaries. The enterprise-wide compliance program is responsible for identifying the laws, regulations, rules, standards, and codes of conduct applicable to SVBFG.
The Cayman Islands Branch Advisor is specifically responsible for counseling business leaders across SVBFG on regulatory requirements, emerging regulatory risks, and on regulatory considerations with respect to the Cayman Islands Branch. Additionally, the Advisory function provides training tailored to the business unit. The Advisory function regularly communicates, in writing and verbally, to the business unit on regulatory requirements. Further, the Compliance Director participates with members of the Corporate Compliance Department to produce and update an enterprise-wide Compliance Risk Assessment and he or she monitors, evaluates and reports on proposed regulatory changes potentially effecting SVBFG.
1. Provide subject matter expertise with regard to relevant laws and regulations to SVBFG business units. Must be able to identify applicable compliance requirements, and articulate those requirements to the business unit. The ideal candidate has a strong working knowledge of commercial banking products. The candidate will have a strong regulatory background, preferably with the Cayman Islands regulatory regime, including experience with AML regulations.
2. Collaborate with international colleagues to implement enterprise-wide programs, and ensure consistency in standards.
3. Communicate with business partners verbally, and in writing, regarding regulatory expectations. This includes providing advice and guidance to the first line of defense on its controls to reduce the inherent risk.
4. Partner with the business unit in preparation for internal audits and examinations, including any remediation resulting from audits and exams.
5. Develop reporting metrics for Senior Management to show insight into the state of compliance for the Commercial Bank, and monitor business unit metrics.
6. Participate and provide effective challenge to the Risk and Governance team on risk assessments.
7. Provide guidance to business units on changes to new products, services, and geographies.
8. Develop enterprise-wide compliance policies, and review business unit procedures that support the enterprise policy.
9. Review and provide training to the business unit on Cayman Islands requirements.
10. Provide recommendations for implementing controls and other risk mitigation measures to addresses existing and emerging risks as well as related regulatory requirements.
11. Evaluate the business unit processes and controls to identify vulnerabilities and provide recommendations for developing controls.
12. Due to the fast paced nature of the regulatory and business environments, the position requires the ability to quickly adapt to change and to multi-task various assignments. The individual must be able to provide compliance guidance that balances both regulatory requirements while meeting business objectives. The individual will exercise judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action. Qualifications
• Minimum of 10+ years of banking, risk management, or audit experience with a minimum of 5 years of experience related to financial crimes or compliance management processes.
• Provide subject matter expertise with regard to relevant laws and regulation and their impact on operations, services, and products of Silicon Valley Bank, including the development and implementation of industry leading solutions
• Knowledge of the risk and governance standards such as COSO framework, and the OECD and Basel Corporate Governance Principles.
• Familiarity with Cayman Islands regulations, AML laws and regulations, etc. .
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong understanding of the Compliance Management Systems and the regulatory frameworks that apply to financial institutions.
• Good understanding of regulatory requirements that apply to the financial services sector and banking operations.
• Ability to assess processes to identify key controls.
• The individual will need the ability to work independently, take initiative and have strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Good time management and attention to detail are critical to this position.
• Good analytical, research, organizational, and project management skills. Strong individual contributor with the ability to work effectively as a team.
• Flexibility in learning new topics, handling change and deadlines
• Partner with Compliance Monitoring to help develop testing programs that address regulatory exam findings, internal audit findings and gaps to help reduce compliance risk across the organization
• Must possess a bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance or equivalent.