Senior Manager, Development
Senior Manager, Development & Exempt Organizations
Requisition #: 48232
Practice Area: Tax
Location: San Francisco, CA; Santa Clara, CA
At KPMG, we are reimagining tax with you in mind. Become an integral part of a dynamic team within a collaborative, future forward environment at one of the world's top tax firms. Be surrounded by deep tax knowledge and equipped with the latest in cutting-edge tax technologies. And join an extensive network of functional, industry, legislative and technical specialists with access to our Ignition Centers, where technology innovation accelerates. We welcome people with a passion for tax, a spirit for new thinking, and a commitment to providing outstanding client service today, and tomorrow.
KPMG is currently seeking a Senior Manager to join our practice.
- Provide tax compliance and consulting services to tax-exempt organizations, with a focus on tax-exempt healthcare providers and payers
- Build and manage a portfolio of client relationships of varying size and scope, with an ability to operate as their trusted advisor
- Participate in and contribute to market and business development activities external to the firm; including identifying and pursuing new potential client service opportunities and leveraging KPMG's Global Center of Excellence for Health to increase our profile in the Chicago market
- Manage risk and financial performance of engagements including billings, collections, and project budgets
- Manage large projects, day-to-day client interaction/tax advisory skills, and tax compliance responsibilities
- Be comfortable marketing and representing the practice in our growing Chicago area client base as well as in interactions with our Chicago-based partners and professionals
- A minimum of eight years of exempt organization tax experience in an accounting firm and/or law firm with a focus on the provision of services to exempt healthcare organizations. Secondary focus in higher education is a benefit
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university
- Licensed CPA or J.D./LL.M. Strong knowledge of tax code and regulations, and strong understanding of the Affordable Care Act
- Experience managing multiple client engagements and client service teams
- Strong tax research and writing skills, and the ability to teach others the same
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills with the ability to articulate complex information
KPMG LLP (the U.S. member firm of KPMG International) offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer. KPMG complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. The contains further information regarding the firm's compliance with federal, state and local recruitment and hiring laws. No phone calls or agencies please.