Associate, Cyber Security Services - Strategy & Governance - Privacy
Requisition #: 48585
Practice Area: Advisory
Location: Los Angeles, CA; San Francisco, CA; Santa Clara, CA
Known for being a great place to work and build a career, KPMG provides audit, tax and advisory services for organizations in today's most important industries. Our growth is driven by delivering real results for our clients. It's also enabled by our culture, which encourages individual development, embraces an inclusive environment, rewards innovative excellence and supports our communities. With qualities like those, it's no wonder we're consistently ranked among the best companies to work for by Fortune Magazine, Consulting Magazine, Working Mother Magazine, Diversity Inc. and others. If you're as passionate about your future as we are, join our team.
KPMG is currently seeking an Associate in Technology Enablement for our practice.
- Participate with the design, implementation, maintenance, and enforcement of privacy policies, procedures, and controls
- Support the execution of Information Security and privacy inherent to client engagements
- Identify technological opportunities and evaluate the Information Security and privacy impacts on the client's business
- Help with the execution of privacy assessments to understand compliance risks, identify opportunities for improvement, and propose remediation plan in line with compliance goals and business strategies
- Minimum of one year of experience with regulatory requirements and compliance issues in at least one of the following areas: PCI GLBA, EU Data Protection Directive, International Cross Border & US State Data Privacy Laws, and multi-jurisdictional regulations and requirements (e.g., GDPR, DMR) including data transfer options
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university or equivalent experience and a minimum of one year of work experience an Information Security role or a Master's degree and approximately one year of related work experience in an Information Security role
- Credentialed in cyber and privacy (e.g., CIPP, DMR CIPM, CIPT, CISSP); Non-certified hires are required to become certified within one year from the date of hire
- Understanding of third party risk management considerations, incident response, and crisis management processes
- Advanced written and verbal communication and presentation skills, teamwork, and client service skills
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 80% of the time, work in a fast paced, results driven environment, grasp new technology, and contribute at a rapid pace
KPMG LLP (the U.S. member firm of KPMG International) offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer. KPMG complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. The contains further information regarding the firm's compliance with federal, state and local recruitment and hiring laws. No phone calls or agencies please.