Local Manager, Asset Management,Tax
Manager (Asset Management), State & Local Tax
Requisition #: 52810
Practice Area: Tax
Location: San Francisco, CA; Santa Clara, CA
At KPMG, we are reimagining tax with you in mind. Become an integral part of a dynamic team within a collaborative, future forward environment at one of the world's top tax firms. Be surrounded by deep tax knowledge and equipped with the latest in cutting-edge tax technologies. And join an extensive network of functional, industry, legislative and technical specialists with access to our Ignition Centers, where technology innovation accelerates. We welcome people with a passion for tax, a spirit for new thinking, and a commitment to providing outstanding client service today, and tomorrow.
KPMG is currently seeking a Manager to join our practice.
- Participate in multi-state alternative investment firms (hedge fund, fund to funds, private equity, real estate) with state and local tax issues including compliance, advising, planning, and controversies
- Participate in multi-state companies with state and local tax controversies which includes preparing clients for discussions with auditors, representing the client at hearings and appeal meetings, and preparing protests
- Work as part of a multi-disciplinary team helping to provide subject matter/alternative investment industry knowledge and experience
- Review information presented on state income tax returns before, during and after preparation
- Build and manage client relationships, and supervise, mentor, and develop staff
- Research and draft technical memoranda regarding income, franchise, sales and use tax questions
- A minimum of five years of experience performing tax research and preparing state income tax returns for pass-through and corporate entities, performing tax research, providing technical advice on multi-state tax issues
- CPA, JD/LL.M. in taxation, and/or Master's in Taxation (MST) or completion of an advanced degree or professional designation. (Please note that any candidate hired by KPMG into this position that doesn't currently possess one of the aforementioned credentials/designations will be required to secure one within one year from the commencement of employment)
- Experience providing services to pass-through entities and a solid knowledge of relevant state tax concepts
- Ability to foster relationships both internally as well as with clients
- Ability and desire to perform in a high-energy team environment
- Excellent writing, compliance, communication, management and tax research skills
KPMG LLP (the U.S. member firm of KPMG International) offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer. KPMG complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. The contains further information regarding the firm's compliance with federal, state and local recruitment and hiring laws. No phone calls or agencies please.